Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Flisspaps;934715]I would say no, and then tell her that non-agreed late collections are charged at £5 per 15 minutes as per my policy and that if she is not on time, I will drop the children off at her place of work. She will be charged at the late collection rate from 6pm until the children are safely deposited at her place of work once you have established she is in the building.

I might also point out that I am not her employee, and that if she needs someone who can offer the service she is looking for here, she needs a nanny not a childminder.

If she's going to be a PITA, I'd be happy to risk losing her.[/QUOTE]

Me too
    It does sound like she just wont turn up till 6.30 so I would advise her she needs to arrange for someone else to collect the children and if she can't do that then you will arrange for her children to be dropped off at her work place by 6pm.

What a cheek

xxx

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - I would be dropping them off at Mum's work.

Tell her that being late is not an option and that you will drop the children off to her early!
    Toothfairy

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! What a cheek!
    How dare she expect you to change plans to accommodate her needs?!

I would make it absolutely clear that you are unable to care for the child after 6pm... put it in writing too. Even though you know full well she still won't turn up until 6.30, still make sure she's aware of your refusal.
    When she does turn up late, make sure all late fees/anti social hours fees etc are applied.
    At 1 minute past 6 phone her work, explain your are her childminder and had been expecting her at 6... and you're wanting to make sure nothing's happened to her as she hasn't arrived to collect her child .

Best of luck!
    Tracey x

sept10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot our job description entails doormat!

I'd be telling her if she's late she can start looking elsewhere as her lack of respect and consideration for you and your family life has left you no alternative but to give notice.

What a B!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is an outrage!

I hope you have had serious words with her and told her there is no way on earth you will be dictated to in this manner!!!!

Let us know whats happened......
    Lou xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tell her that you will be dropping them at 5.30 to be home and child free by 6.

Tell her that if she wants to ruin a perfectly good working relationship over 30 min then go ahead
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

how did you go on

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    I received a text from a mum this morning that went like this: mum'' just to let you know I've got to work late tomorrow so I can't collect children til half 6'' (I only work until 6). Me'' I'm really sorry but I'm running Race for life tomorrow night and I cant have them any later than usual''. Mum'' Well I'm sorry too, but I've got to work and there's no one else to have them''. What am I supposed to say to that..gobsmacked. If she'd actually asked in the first place, it might have been nice.
    I cannot believe anybody could be so darned rude!!! Maybe she needs to be reminded whose children they are!!!

I hope you manage to get this sorted, some great advice already so nothing to add but give you moral support and tell you to sock it to them!!. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntym View Post
    how did you go on
    Yes, how did it go?
    Georgina x

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would either charge a highter rate for the last halfhour or take the kids on the race for life with you,,, tell her if she cant be there on time then the children will come with you and she will have to find you or drop them at her place of work.

probably to late now though, how did it go?

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

haha yes u can take kids lol - tell her she will have to chase u round and u will be charging extra time

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be telling her since she clearly had no intention of collecting the children at the contracted time then I would be unwilling to provide care on that day at all as I would be unwilling to risk her simply not picking them up.
    She has written in text that she intends to break the contact agreement and has no care at all for your needs or opinions so you are under no obligation to provide that care.

Feb 21
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shock

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    I received a text from a mum this morning that went like this: mum'' just to let you know I've got to work late tomorrow so I can't collect children til half 6'' (I only work until 6). Me'' I'm really sorry but I'm running Race for life tomorrow night and I cant have them any later than usual''. Mum'' Well I'm sorry too, but I've got to work and there's no one else to have them''. What am I supposed to say to that..gobsmacked. If she'd actually asked in the first place, it might have been nice.
    I thought only nannies got spoken to like that, but as we are employed by the family and our one job is our only income we tend to put up with it. I am a childminder now, I would not put up with being spoken to like that again. Poor you, some people are so ungrateful.

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your messages. I'll tell you tomorrow how it went.xx
    Julie X X

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck - I can't believe the cheek of the woman!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

How rude! I have only had two clients so far and the second one has been awful. I can't believe how they thing they can treat us!

Good Luck!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Julie..

I hope you managed to get things sorted and can go on the race for life..

good luck with race and let us know how you got on..

xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So.....did she collect on time?!?! I'm itching to know!
    Hope the race went well x
    Georgina x

onceinabluemoon Guest

Arrgg I have to go to bed now so I'm gonna miss your update!

Hope the race went well and the mother was good and picked up her child on time x

Post Thanks / Like

I'd send her the telephone number of a local babysitter lol what a nightmare

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast