Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Positive story about getting money!

Just thought I would pop this positive story so people know there are some good ones out there! My holiday policy is I have 4 weeks off unpaid a year and any others families take are paid at usual rate. Mindee is away for 3 weeks and payment due in middle of it. Sent invoice as usual although little apprehensive to charge for 3 weeks when I am not having mindee. Day late and no payment, so I did get a little worried but text mum and asked if she had received invoice as away? She replied very apologetically saying she had completely forgotten and what was the amount? I text her back with amount and she text about 10 mins later saying she had made a bank transfer - and was in next time I checked. Phew! Glad of her honesty that she forgot and paid it in straight after being reminded too.

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

that's brilliant! I hope these parents stick around for a long while!

tbh - I think most parents are good with payments, I have one who forgets to hand me a cheque but its usually there in the evening or next morning so I don't think its intentional

But you hear so many horror stories that you do panic as soon as its a little late.

HX

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very lucky that since I started minding, all the sets of parents have been great at paying. Tho saying that, I do make it quite clear at initial meeting (in a nice diplomatic way) that I won't take any messing about when it comes to fees

Hope I've not tempted fate now....off to touch wood, salute at magpies and throw salt over my shoulder!! lol

Hels xx

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that's nice i've not got ANY of my money for this month and it's the 5th today time to toughen up again! the overdraft limit is looming... (is that a saying? I'm not sure sometimes.. with english not being my first language and all that )