Caring for children in their home
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Caring for children in their home

A friend has asked if I know anyone who could care for her 2 children overnight in their own home 4 nights per month, they'd have to be registered so she can claim the help with fees (i think)

I was thinking of doing this but how much would I charge? What would I put in a contract? and am I allowed and insured to do it from her home?

Pipsqueak Guest

working in a childs home is a private arrangement and outside the remit of Ofsted. However, yes someone registered enables the parent to claim.

nevertheless it will be a private arrangement

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

You would need to do it as a nanny arrangement, get nanny liability insurance & get her to inform her house insurance. Any contract would have to written up between you, if you google nanny contract you will find some examples to help you.

For her to be able to claim childcare tax credits you would need to register as a nanny with Ofsted. Its not much bother but someone asked me to do it for occasions & I thought it was to much bother for that!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

im not registering as a Nanny for the sake of a few nights a month so she'll have to find someone else! Thought it would have been an easy one

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure someone will correct me soon because i'm quoting this from meory and my memory isn't very good

i thought that you can just mind in someone elses home without being a nanny? if i recall corectly, it says, childminder, home childcarers and nannies on all ofsted docs...? i'm sure we were also told by the council that we are allowed to mind in the parents' house...

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the NCMA covers this. I could be wrong though
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi would it come under babysitting? NCMA will cover you for this if you fill in one of their babysitting contracts.

Post Thanks / Like

im with MM so i'll have to give them a call and see what they say!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby sitting is defined as for up to 2hrs during the day or any hrs between 6pm & 2am! I had to look into this recently because I also had a request for overnights in the childs own home.

You can mind in someones elses house BUT that house has to be registered & inspected like we do with ours!