Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleon View Post
    i always message all the parents that look at my site and include my contact details. that worked so far
    Same here.
    It's good that you get sent an email/message to let you know someone has viewed your profile so that you can contact them and give them your phone number email address

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I paid, does that make me a gold member?
    I have some answer others dont and a couple have said they had to pay to talk to me
    I was sure before I paid I only got 1 or 2 free messages.xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    Same here.
    It's good that you get sent an email/message to let you know someone has viewed your profile so that you can contact them and give them your phone number email address
    i dont always get the notifications, i only notice when i go on to update my info

good job i'm full isnt it
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    i dont always get the notifications, i only notice when i go on to update my info

good job i'm full isnt it
    Free members can reply to all messages sent by gold members.

We send out profile viewed alert emails if you have opted to receive them in the My Email Settings area of your account.

If you have opted to receive profile view notifications then you only receive them if a parent views our profile, not if another childcare provider does.

If you still aren't receiving the alert emails then you should check that your email provider is not filtering them or sending them to your junk or spam folder.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Like i said i get some but not all, and i'm well aware of how to check my emails
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

Like i said i get some but not all, and i'm well aware of how to check my emails
    I was simply explaining that we only send you an email alert if a parent views your profile and not if another childcare provider does.

Further I appreciate you know how to check your emails but if a parent views your profile we always send you an email alert if you have opted to receive email alert notifications. If it is not received then this will be due your email filtering or spam software rather than a problem at our end.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

ha ha :

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by childcarecouk View Post
    I was simply explaining that we only send you an email alert if a parent views your profile and not if another childcare provider does.

Further I appreciate you know how to check your emails but if a parent views your profile we always send you an email alert if you have opted to receive email alert notifications. If it is not received then this will be due your email filtering or spam software rather than a problem at our end.
    if i am getting some notifications, for example i got a notification that a parent had added me as a favourite yet no notification that they had viewed my profile, however the day before i had a notification that a different parent had viewed my profile, and all my other emails ok then maybe it is a glitch with the website

I run my own website and have ran a chat forum so i am aware these things can and do happen
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

if i am getting some notifications, for example i got a notification that a parent had added me as a favourite yet no notification that they had viewed my profile, however the day before i had a notification that a different parent had viewed my profile, and all my other emails ok then maybe it is a glitch with the website

I run my own website and have ran a chat forum so i am aware these things can and do happen
    There aren't any glitches with our website. Please contact us directly and let us know the email address of your account and we can help you resolve this rather than you making inaccurate accusations about us in a public forum.

The problem is most likely to be associated with your email address, email provider or spam software.

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask, whilst there is a thread along these lines - if the same person views your profile on more than one occasion will you get an email each time? as I dont, I get one when they first view it but only noticed when I logged into my account the other day that the same person had looked at me on four seperate occasions and I didnt know. Have checked my spam bin too and nothing there? Thank u x

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

There aren't any glitches with our website. Please contact us directly and let us know the email address of your account and we can help you resolve this rather than you making inaccurate accusations about us in a public forum.

The problem is most likely to be associated with your email address, email provider or spam software.
    what accusations??

all i have stated is that i'm having issues with notifications from childcare.co.uk
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1! View Post
    Can I ask, whilst there is a thread along these lines - if the same person views your profile on more than one occasion will you get an email each time? as I dont, I get one when they first view it but only noticed when I logged into my account the other day that the same person had looked at me on four seperate occasions and I didnt know. Have checked my spam bin too and nothing there? Thank u x
    Hi you only get one profile view email alert per parent per 24 hours.

So, if the same parent views your profile more than once in a 24 hour period you will only ge one email alert.

This is to stop you receiving lots of identical alerts if the same parent views your profile several times.

Post Thanks / Like

what accusations??

all i have stated is that i'm having issues with notifications from childcare.co.uk
    The issues are most likely to do with filtering by your email provider and are not a glitch with our website as you allege.

I have asked you in a PM for the email address of your account but you did not provide me with it. If you can give me that information then I can check your account and our email logs. Please also let me know which profile view/s you did not receive an email notification of.

We carefully monitor and log all outgoing emails to ensure they are delivered correctly but we have no control over spam filtering by your ISP, email provider or local email/anti-virus software.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The issues are most likely to do with filtering by your email provider and are not a glitch with our website as you allege.

I have asked you in a PM for the email address of your account but you did not provide me with it. If you can give me that information then I can check your account and our email logs. Please also let me know which profile view/s you did not receive an email notification of.

We carefully monitor and log all outgoing emails to ensure they are delivered correctly but we have no control over spam filtering by your ISP, email provider or local email/anti-virus software.
    I have not alledged anything just said it was a possible glitch with the website,
    and if my email was filtering emails i wouldnt get any from the site would i?
    I do check my spam folder, and i know it isnt due to anti virus software
    cos i dont have any
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

I have not alledged anything just said it was a possible glitch with the website,
    and if my email was filtering emails i wouldnt get any from the site would i?
    I do check my spam folder, and i know it isnt due to anti virus software
    cos i dont have any
    There isn't a glitch with our website. It is possible your email provider may filter your emails sporadically depending upon whom they are.

I have asked you for the email address of your childcare.co.uk account on no less than 3 occasions in order that I can look into this further for you but you have chosen not to provide it. Further I have asked you to provide me with at least one example of a profile viewed email alert you think that you should have received but haven't and again you have not provided me with that information.

I can categorically assure you there isn't a problem at our end and there is nothing further that I can do to assist you unless you can provide me with the requested information. I would have been more than happy to personally look into this for you over this weekend if you had provided the requested information.

I would therefore please ask you to refrain from continually suggesting that there is a glitch with our website when there isn't and when you have ignored our requests for information that will help us look into your allegations.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Richard; 26-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.

aly Guest

Can I just say I've had a parent view my profile {3 times - even my profile plus} on Thursday and not had an email as of yet.

I did set it so I've have emails but nothing....but I check my profile regularly anyway so not too bothered...

{just checked my profile and both boxes are ticked for email settings, and I've not changed emails either.}

aly Guest

actually just read that other cms we dont get notified though....just noticed this person is a cm so probably not relevant...

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had this happen to me as well now that Hebs and Aly have mentioned it.

I usually get a notification but on an a few occasions it seems to have missed me.
    A client I who found me through ***** mentioned at our first meeting that she had found me first on childcare so kept clicking to view me so I would see that she need me (get a notification) so I could message her.. I was confused and checked. I found she had looked at me a week before with out a notification. This was last may/June. It has happened a few times since

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    actually just read that other cms we dont get notified though....just noticed this person is a cm so probably not relevant...
    I get notified when it's another childminder.
    The latest new childminder has copied my advertisement word for word almost, which made me GRRRRR!

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

ahhhhh, We must all have problems with our network providers!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast