v urgent advice needed!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    moogster1a Guest

Default v urgent advice needed!!

I have a little boy I just have once a week to take to nursery ( 3 years old). He's meant to come at 7 and a 7:45 I 'phoned to see if he was coming. The little boy answered the 'phone and said mum wasn't there,, neither was dad, and there was no grown up at home!
    He told me the next door neighbour would be round soon to give him breakfast.
    there's no answer from either parent's mobile.
    I suppose he could be fibbing but to be honest I believe him otherwise a parent would have picked up their 'phone.
    So what do I do?!!!

Registered Childminder since
    aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its a bit late now, but i would try all numbers i have for the parent first, mobiles, home numbers etc, maybe they were in the shower or something and Little one just picked up the phone ?

Hope everythings ok though ! xx

july10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moogster1a View Post
    I have a little boy I just have once a week to take to nursery ( 3 years old). He's meant to come at 7 and a 7:45 I 'phoned to see if he was coming. The little boy answered the 'phone and said mum wasn't there,, neither was dad, and there was no grown up at home!
    He told me the next door neighbour would be round soon to give him breakfast.
    there's no answer from either parent's mobile.
    I suppose he could be fibbing but to be honest I believe him otherwise a parent would have picked up their 'phone.
    So what do I do?!!!
    Have you found out what had happened yet?

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG

what did you do?

what happen??

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I never saw this in time to offer any advice! What did you do ? Is the lo a taleteller usually?

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH if you couldn't contact anyone I would have phoned the police to go & check...interested to hear the update!
    Blaze x

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, well something must be up otherwise parents would have called surely?

Let us know whats happened

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, hope everything turned out well and he wasnt home alone.

I would also advise anyone in that situation to call the police.

x
    Shell x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you got to the bottom of it.

I'd have phoned back every few minutes to see if there was an adult there. To a three year old mum & dad being in another room could mean they're not there (ie. unless they're standing right next to him, he might say they're not there). I'd have tried again and if he answered asked where mummy and daddy were. Hopefully you'd have got a reply that they were in the bathroom, in the kitchen etc and you could have asked him to get them.
    If you couldn't speak to an adult or if he remained adamant that he was there alone, I'd have gone round myself, contacted one of the other emergency contacts, or phoned the police.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i was on this morning and didnt' see this post hon -sorry!

it might be that mum and dad were in the bathroom. To littlies not there means 'not in the room' often. I hope that is what it was anyhow.

I would also have kept calling until I got mum and dad though.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened..? Need an update!

moogster1a Guest

the mum eventually 'phoned at 11'ish and said she was keeping him off 'cos he wasn't well. I told her I was concerned that he'd said no one else was there and to be honest she was very evasive about who was with him. Short of geting really quite forceful with her, I couldn't get a straight answer so I'm really none the wiser, though I have my suspicions he was left a home with the neighbour next door "popping in".
    if that is the case then hopefully my quizzing her might make her think wice about doing it again.
    I can't believe anyone would leave a 3 year old!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I really do hope its all a misunderstanding, after all they had you all lined up to look after the child. Perhaps they had overslept and child was just saying no one was there but they were in bed

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the mum eventually 'phoned at 11'ish and said she was keeping him off 'cos he wasn't well. I told her I was concerned that he'd said no one else was there and to be honest she was very evasive about who was with him. Short of geting really quite forceful with her, I couldn't get a straight answer so I'm really none the wiser, though I have my suspicions he was left a home with the neighbour next door "popping in".
    if that is the case then hopefully my quizzing her might make her think wice about doing it again.
    I can't believe anyone would leave a 3 year old!
    Right you had concerns this morning and you have asked parent and you are still concerned I really think you need to report this, you would never forgive yourself if something happened to this little chap and from what you are saying i think he could be in danger

Christine

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Right you had concerns this morning and you have asked parent and you are still concerned I really think you need to report this, you would never forgive yourself if something happened to this little chap and from what you are saying i think he could be in danger

Christine
    you are right I think it needs looking into and just hope it was all a misunderstanding and he wasnt alone

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would of rung back and if lo answered i would of said can you get mummy or daddy please if he then told me they were not there i would of picked up my mbl and rang police while he was still on phone and asked them to call round... if i had no children in my care and was really worried i would of driven round there myself and if found lo alone reported it.. next time parents drop off id ask questions to see if i could get info out of them.. but in mean time i would be speaking to someone about it and getting advice..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

bexcee Guest

I think this is a serious cause for concern and needs to be reported as you will have been trained to do as a registered childminder. How would you feel if he is left on his own again and has a serious accident and you hadn't done anything?

Make the phone call now and tell them everything you know at least then you have passed the information on and can rest easy that you have done everything you can.

moogster1a Guest

thanks for the advice everyone. I'll give the appropriate people a ring tomorrow. as you say, I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to him

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice everyone. I'll give the appropriate people a ring tomorrow. as you say, I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to him
    Don't forget to write down everything.