Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sibling rates

Registered Childminder since
    sept 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sibling rates

hi...just wondered how many of you offer a discount for siblings and how much? i dont offer them at the moment but feel i may have to if thats what eveyone else does lol. i'm in the middlesex area and not sure what other cm do around here.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never offered them in the past but have a lady interested for her 2 children for 10hrs on a Sat. I charge £6 per hr on a sat so she would be looking at £12 per hr! I have offered to do it for £10per hr, but if was for a week day I wouldn't have given her a discount!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't offer a sibling discount. Two children is twice the food, twice the work and twice the resources. I have 4 lots of siblings and have never had any complaints even though most of the minders here give a discount.

Pipsqueak Guest

If it was three plus children yes I would consider discount - slightly. I used to offer discount but don't anymore or I ensure I explain my rates in such a way as that I am offering them a great deal

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I offered a sibling discount when I first started minding..... wished I hadn't as previous post says, twice the food twice the resources, with hindsight I wouldn't offer it again

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nokidshere View Post
    I don't offer a sibling discount. Two children is twice the food, twice the work and twice the resources. I have 4 lots of siblings and have never had any complaints even though most of the minders here give a discount.
    Agree. Same here. I was asked once and explained why and mum was fine with it.

xxxx

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't offer a sibling discount, as others have said they are individuals and both need food, resources etc and you will need to complete paperwork for them both.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nokidshere View Post
    Agreed. I dont offer a discount.
    Georgina x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer a discount but I think I am going to stop.

I offer 10% of the older siblings bill not the whole bill, so if I have a full time and an after school siblings I offer 10% of the schoolies bill iyswim

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer 10% too for the sibling who is only with me half days of the month's bill. Quite a few CM seem to here and as I am starting up I wanted to get the interest. Now I've filled my places not sure if I'll stick with that for future children.

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge 50p an hour less if theres more than one child per family. But I did once have a cheeky parent say if she signed up her 3 children would that work out at £3.50 child 1, £3.00 child 2 and £2.50 child 3? I said no it would work out at £9.50 per hour - needless to say, she went elsewhere

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont offer a discount firstly because each child is treated as an indivdual and i charge to reflect this and secondly,,, if 2 children came two you from different familes wouldyou give one a discount and if so which one? is it fair that you give a sibbling discount and not a discount to ttwo different children?
    I have 3 children from the same family and I never offered a discount nor was I asked if I would do one and they are more than happy,, it started of as a years contract whilst mum went to collage and they are now in their 3rd year with talk of a possible 4 more years!

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jane5 View Post
    I offer a discount but I think I am going to stop.
    Me too I agree totally with the others that it's far too much work , I don't like taking on siblings anyway as they tend to play up together and I've lost a lot of money due to giving a discount
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to offer a discount but don't any more.
    Love Amanda

sept 03
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone...the reason i ask is i currently have two siblings after school mon-fri n charge £4 per child per hour, no discounts. i have the third sibling (13yrs) only in school hols 7hrs per day mon-fri, up til now ive not charged a penny for her (another thread) but this needs to change, but dont know if i should be offering £3 per hour for this one, but looks like most of you would still charge full price...oh dear dont know what to do for the best