Taking in a student.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default Taking in a student.

My cm friend has been contacted by a college to take in not 1 but 3!!!! students, she said no could accomodate 1 but not 3, just not doable...anyway she did say that she knew of another cm {me} who may be interested in taking 1 in too......so I want to know if anyone has taking in a student and what to expect...and what paperwork would I need to make sure I have in place ..ie permission forms from parents etc.

any help woulf be appreciated

x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in peoples advice and experiences too, i have been approached by the college and was wondering what extra things need to be done

THanks

nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't quote me on this but i think you need employers insurance, written permission off parents, if your not sure ring your DO and they will tell you. Good Luck.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one starting soon. Well if the college get their act into gear and come and check my home is safe

Is your PLI with MM. If so they have employers liability included. NCMA I think they waive the charge if it is for students but you do need to ring. they should have CRB already if they are doing a childcare course but get a copy for your records. I have mentioned it to parents but I don't have signed permission as she will never be left alone with them.

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i had a student start last week, ncma insurance covers you but you have to let them know so they can send a employee certificate. They should send a health and safety officer around to fill in a form and talk to you and you have another form from the college to fill out. I have a policy and procedure for taking students and a permission form from parents. Check on your car insurance if you need to as well, i think thats about it.

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happydays1 View Post
    Hi i had a student start last week, ncma insurance covers you but you have to let them know so they can send a employee certificate. They should send a health and safety officer around to fill in a form and talk to you and you have another form from the college to fill out. I have a policy and procedure for taking students and a permission form from parents. Check on your car insurance if you need to as well, i think thats about it.
    I am with NCMA so will check with them if everything goesthrough.

just out of curiosity, why would I need to inform car insurance..surely if my car is business and social I wouldnt need to?

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    waiting
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I will have student in ... and just wondering if we need to pay them?
    Kat

aly Guest

No we don't pay them x

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    waiting
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you ... i got scared she will invoice me at the end of the placement
    Kat

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i have a student with me i needed a employers liability cert.... and assesor comes out every so often to observe the student but all good fun the studen t also had a crb check and she has accessed training via my local la... she will be finishing end of march but should be getting a new one after easter.

I also do work experience for comprehensive schools i have one comming to see me tonight she due to start 28th march for 2 week s then i got another starting 3rd may for 2 weeks.

its all good fun i have received no hassle and the students love it cos its so diffferent to what they expect but so more relaxed than a nursery/ daycare iyswim...