Unbelievable "good" childminder left children alone in the library
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't really understand why people got so mad at me or thought my post was fishy or whatever.

I know that I come across as very rude sometimes and I m onluy learning english language and it causes trouble with my husband and his family as well.

Anyway back to the case: my local library closes at 7, I live very near, my child was with my husband the whole afternoon and they snack a lot when they are together, the dinner was pretty much ready and I would just need to cook some carrots and broccoli when back, so be at that time at the library is not a big deal. And yes, I said my time was up and I had lots of other windown opened in the computer, so I finished writing in this site and went to other sites and that is why my status was shown as online.
    For the record we are having issues with our laptop and as I pay insurance it is going to be sent away to be fixed on Friday. Meawhile I use the library ones that are desktop and really fast. I am in the library now, my child is at nursery school, she will go straight to a play date my friend will pick her up and my lunch is the dinner left over from yesterday. I am not working at the moment, and that is why I am at library again.

I never used the word spy, I dont go out to spy anyone but I do observe how people interact with children, started doing this when I was pregnant, and now that I will become a childminder soon, do this to childcarers in general as well.

I used to hang out with the minder in question but sttoped due to feel unconfortable with her practice. She told me she was granted Good and I confirmed on ofsted page as she the one childminder close to my flat and I searche by postcode. The description of her premises and her families confirms it is her.

She is not a member here and never will be. She told she wont spend free time doing anything to do with childminding as she is in it just for the money anyway.

Come back later, maybe as I feel so unwelcome here.
    Sorry I havent got the right profile to post will just read for now on, it is a wonderful website.

And yes didnt want to ask advice just rant. And the librarians couldnt care less of what was going on. They just took action when a parent made a complaint.

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlyn View Post
    I think playmate might have meant the childminder not you
    the childminder went before I started here. I had books and papers to read, then decided to come.

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Luiza theres no need to stay away. I think your status as 'parent' rather than prereg , added to your wording just made people wary. We are a welcoming lot really! Honest!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Luiza theres no need to stay away. I think your status as 'parent' rather than prereg , added to your wording just made people wary. We are a welcoming lot really! Honest!
    I absolutely agree! Do not stay away. I think people were a little harsh as they may not have understood that english is not your first language.

Come on guys. If one of us had made this post I am sure the response would have been very supportive

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I absolutely agree! Do not stay away. I think people were a little harsh as they may not have understood that english is not your first language.

Come on guys. If one of us had made this post I am sure the response would have been very supportive
    I couldn't agree more - Luiza, please don't feel the need to stay away.
    Georgina x

phoebe-alice Guest

I'm sure no one is trying to make you feel unwelcome, as all of the ladies on here seem to be lovely.
    Just I would have contacted Ofsted or Care Commission before coming on to talk about it, or at least ask advise on what you should do about your concerns if you know what I mean. Child safety is always number one in my mind, so sorry if I came across as harsh.
    If you do have real concerns on any childs welfare I hope that you would always follow it up as in the end no one wants to think that their children are being left unattended by a person they trust (and pay for) to care for their little one.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Luiza, looking at some of your other posts it seems that you have a concerns about a few minders or unregistered people near you. If you don't feel able to report your concerns directly to Ofsted, do you have a sympathetic development officer or support worker you could talk to? Maybe tell them some of the things you have seen and see what they suggest?

It can be incredibly frustrating when you see people flouting the rules & seemingly getting away with it.

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

totally agree i've read the first post and it's fine (there's local childminders i avoid to especially if i had no children with me ) and i would be concerned if i had seen this at the library. please stick about xx
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Luiza, looking at some of your other posts it seems that you have a concerns about a few minders or unregistered people near you. If you don't feel able to report your concerns directly to Ofsted, do you have a sympathetic development officer or support worker you could talk to? Maybe tell them some of the things you have seen and see what they suggest?

It can be incredibly frustrating when you see people flouting the rules & seemingly getting away with it.
    was also going to say your development worker should be able to help you
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoebe-alice View Post
    I'm sure no one is trying to make you feel unwelcome, as all of the ladies on here seem to be lovely.
    Just I would have contacted Ofsted or Care Commission before coming on to talk about it, or at least ask advise on what you should do about your concerns if you know what I mean. Child safety is always number one in my mind, so sorry if I came across as harsh.
    If you do have real concerns on any childs welfare I hope that you would always follow it up as in the end no one wants to think that their children are being left unattended by a person they trust (and pay for) to care for their little one.
    Totally agree - you just came accross as a bit gossipy. I think we are all quite sensitive about childrens welfare and just cautious of gossip - especially about other minders. That's really not what this site is all about. As some of your previous treads have seemed evasive and not very transparent or honest, I wondered where you were coming from with this story. I can see that you were probably just having a rant, sorry, I think I misunderstood your intentions.

LOOPYLISA Guest

I agree

Bit unfair here

aly Guest

as others have said really, if you are concerned you need to do something about it and no 'gossip' etc, you can complain anonomously {that doesnt look right - sp?] so she wont know its you plus there were other witnessesso she wont know it's you, and if she didnt see you as you were hiding I really dont see the problem.

Everyone is welcome here, so please dont think you need to not come back.

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I became a member here before I started the whole process just to investigate if it would be worth to quit my job and become a childminder so that is why my status is - parent -

I did not report yet and I dont know if I will do I feel very strange reporting someone that I used to hang up with even though I have seen worst things happening but turned out of children be ok

Just dont know what to do now

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luiza.t View Post

Just dont know what to do now
    Do you think there care issues?...is the child at risk?
    if there are then I think there is only 1 option.

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing to remember is the children.

If they are at risk in anyway then it needs reporting I think.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

in my opinion you should should maybe discuss what you saw with your localdevelopment officer maybe they canhave a word but by leavingchildren alone she is breaking the safeguarding rule.

if she continues then ofsted need to know about htese issues, maybe they will scare her in to behaving correctly iyswim.

dont be afraid to post on here thats what i thought it was for ranting etc.... also for advice.

as for your perent label cant you change it if you go in to user cp... i think you can.

hope this helps and eases your concerns.xxxx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234