Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default school holidays this year

What do you all think about them.

With Easter being at the end of April this year. They have to have s spring break

My nursery mindees are only in school for a total of 8 days in April

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: school holidays this year

The bit that bugs me is they are only back to school for 3 days then its the royal wedding then its another bank holday monday, Its a long time off.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juejue View Post
    What do you all think about them.

With Easter being at the end of April this year. They have to have s spring break

My nursery mindees are only in school for a total of 8 days in April
    It's a bummer, especially as I'm term time only. I may take the whole month off and go somewhere nice for a holiday
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it is great, I have booked 4 days off the 18th to the 21st but with the weekend and bank holidays it works out 10days off 3days work then 4 days off again

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the problem that our schools have got different holidays We pick up from 2 primary schools one is off from 8th - 26th and my DD's school (and 2 mindees) are or off from 15th April -3rd May
    the schools are in the same county, but because my DD's school is a catholic school they have changed the dates because Easter is so late. However my other DD goes to the Catholic secondry school and they have decided not to go with the diocese decision to change. We have 2 under 5's who are term time only and will have the first 2 weeks. We always take the 2nd week of the Easter break off, this year we will be taking the week that overlaps off, but will then still have big ones when we return to work. The only saving grace is that it is a 3 day week

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

My sons school has 3 inset days between end of easter and the summer holidays! Then in the newsletter on Friday I see there is another day off on 5th May as the school is going to be used as a polling station .
    Grindal

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We collect from different schools as well - one is off for 2 weeks over Easter.

The Catholic one is off for 2 weeks at the beginning of April, then back for 4 days, then off again for the long weekend with May Day

It is totally confusing me

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmm Ive not looked at our's . Better get Diary out

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

They're off most of the month up here, they're only actually in the 1st, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th and 29th, so 8 days for the full month, seems rather silly to me.

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Mmm Ive not looked at our's . Better get Diary out
    Me neither, I need to get organised I think

Carol xx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours are only at school for 8 days also. I think they should write it off and just have the whole of April off and make the summer hols a bit shorter!
    Amaranth xx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like ours will be there 9 days out the month, mind you I'm tired so will look again tomorrow

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

ours break up thurs 14th april and go back tues 3rd may. Its about 2 and a half wks. xx

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhazy View Post
    They're off most of the month up here, they're only actually in the 1st, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th and 29th, so 8 days for the full month, seems rather silly to me.
    They won't be in on the 29th April - that's the Royal Wedding and a bank holiday.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i've just went on to our council website and printed off the holiday dates and all of my mindees are off from 18th april to fri 29th so just the regular 2 weeks easter break
    IS BACK

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ours finish on the 8th April go back on the 26th, 27th, 28th and then off till the 3rd
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive booked a week off starting the 29th of April aswel as its hubby's 40th birthday and were going away for the week , and then a week of for whitsun , trouble is then ill have to work all the way through till christmas if i dont have a week in august which im not planning on this year
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mufftie View Post
    ive booked a week off starting the 29th of April aswel as its hubby's 40th birthday and were going away for the week , and then a week of for whitsun , trouble is then ill have to work all the way through till christmas if i dont have a week in august which im not planning on this year
    Oh goodness surely you have more than 2-3 weeks holiday a year? How do you survive? I have 25 days plus BH. I'm sure your parents have more than that.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What anoys me about this Easter is that 2 years ago it was announced that the Easter holidays would, from then, be the first two weeks in April because on average, Easter falls one of the 1st 3 weekends in April. For the years it does not, like this year, we would still have the 1st 2 weeks in April and then have the Easter Bank Holday weekend off. What has happened to that paln it seems to have been forgotten

We have this stupid thing where the Catholic Primary is off the week before Easter and the week after and all the other schools, including the Catholic High School are off the 2 weeks before Easter and go back the Tueaday. Now of course there is the extra BH for the Royal Wedding. I have heard the Catholic Primary Head went with the Diocese holiday because her lo is at a school with these hols, didn't think about her schools parents who have older sibllings at the High School and are now complaining like mad because their children have different holidays The only comfort is that the Head in doing this has deprived herself and her staff of an extra BH

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    What anoys me about this Easter is that 2 years ago it was announced that the Easter holidays would, from then, be the first two weeks in April because on average, Easter falls one of the 1st 3 weekends in April. For the years it does not, like this year, we would still have the 1st 2 weeks in April and then have the Easter Bank Holday weekend off. What has happened to that paln it seems to have been forgotten

We have this stupid thing where the Catholic Primary is off the week before Easter and the week after and all the other schools, including the Catholic High School are off the 2 weeks before Easter and go back the Tueaday. Now of course there is the extra BH for the Royal Wedding. I have heard the Catholic Primary Head went with the Diocese holiday because her lo is at a school with these hols, didn't think about her schools parents who have older sibllings at the High School and are now complaining like mad because their children have different holidays The only comfort is that the Head in doing this has deprived herself and her staff of an extra BH
    I agree - we have been going to the same holiday farm cottage in Cornwall for the first 2 weeks of April for a couple of years now and book the next year while we are there. This years was nearly fluffed as I booked those weeks then found it was different - had to change it when we realised - luckily no one had taken it

Must check next years!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast