Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please can some kind soul

take a brief look at my newsletter? I feel it's all nag nag nag but all the parents have been taking the **** lately and I need to stamp it out before I end up getting really miserable with things.

January-February 2011

Dear Parents,

Happy New Year!
    I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.
    I have nearly finished my EYPS – only two more days at university to go. My assessment will be sometime in February or March, I’ll be asking for it to take place in half term to cause minimal disruption as the assessor will be with me all day.
    This term we will be looking at shapes, colours, numbers and letters. We’ll be working with lots of different textures and keeping our fingers crossed for some sunshine!
    As you are probably aware, I take a lot of photographs of your children, many of which you never get to see. Some are on the website, some in their Learning Journeys, and some simply get deleted. I can, if you wish, email pictures to you if you provide your email address. I am also happy to email letters to you.
    A gentle reminder that your child needs picking up by the time agreed in our contract: we often have plans after these times and late pickups can make things awkward. If you find you cannot pick your child up on time, please talk to me and we can arrange a contract review to alter your hours. Please bear in mind that if you are more than ten minutes late picking up your child you will be charged extra. If you are running late please call me to let me know.
    Please also remember that I need four weeks’ notice of your holiday dates, as stated in the contract, if you wish to use your holiday entitlement.
    Many thanks,

I also have, down the side, Please do not send your child if they are unwell or have been sick or had diarrhoea within the last 48 hours.

I will be closed on Tuesday 1st February for my EYP course.

Please remember to send your child with suitable, named clothing and footwear for the weather. Please send wellies and raincoats if raining. You are welcome to provide slippers for your child to use here.

Please remember to inform me if any of your contact details have changed.
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please can some kind soul

Can you put something like as it is a new year just a reminder of some of the basic rules and then list them in bullet points?

Then I would write a little more about your EYPS and how much the children are benefitting from your study just to inject a little positivity. I put my photos on a disc and hand over to the parents, maybe that is an option?

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Manjay - that's a good idea about the bullet points, and a bit more positivity. I've been mucked around so much already this term by people who want their pound of flesh but don't see the necessity to pay for it on time that I'm feeling really fed up of the whole thing today!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venus89 View Post
    Thank you Manjay - that's a good idea about the bullet points, and a bit more positivity. I've been mucked around so much already this term by people who want their pound of flesh but don't see the necessity to pay for it on time that I'm feeling really fed up of the whole thing today!
    Oh I understand completely! I do this at the beginning of each new year. I flower it up a bit and just say as it is a new year and it may be a while since contract signing that it is always a good idea to revisit some basic rules. then I try to put smething really positive to try and not sound like I am moaning (not always easy)

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Oh I understand completely! I do this at the beginning of each new year. I flower it up a bit and just say as it is a new year and it may be a while since contract signing that it is always a good idea to revisit some basic rules. then I try to put smething really positive to try and not sound like I am moaning (not always easy)
    not at all. But you're right, I need to end with a smile.... A sprinkling of sugar on the top....