jigsaw puzzles mats
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jigsaw puzzles mats

I have heard a whisper that there is something in jigsaw puzzle mats that is cancer causing??? Anyone heard anything about this or read it anywhere as I want to source the origin. I have been told they have been banned in Belgium with a European ban pending!!!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: jigsaw puzzles mats

Hope not, I have a big flat one that slides in under my sofa when it's time to pack away!
    Will be interested in any answers though.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard or read anything about that - where did you get the information from?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jumpinjen Guest

I know that bisphenol A is being banned in plastic bottles from January due to it's carcinogenic properties..... perhaps it is in jigsaw mats too? other than than i know noooooothing!

jen x

Nov02
    Post Thanks / Like

It came from my Early Years Social Services and they have an article from a Surestart group called Little Hands which supposedly was published in a local newspaper but when I range the newspaper to check it out they didn't know anything about it! I have been trying to get the local Environmental Health department to see if there is any foundation in it but as yet no joy - just thought I would try on here to see if anyone had read about it anywhere.