:(  About to give up!  Any tips on advertising?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default :( About to give up! Any tips on advertising?

Argh - I knew it would never be easy, but have just been given notice for my 2 mindees (sisters) for January. Mum can't afford childcare and wants to cut from 30 hours a week down to 8. Am gutted, especially as I gave up another mindee in order to accomodate her 2 girls back in September.

I have updated the FIS, childcare.co.uk and *****, I am going to add posters to playgroups this week. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you in advance! x

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: :( About to give up! Any tips on advertising?

Build yourself a website advertising your services and leaflet drop your local area!! Pound the footpaths!! LOL
    Hope this helps....

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Aye just go MAD on advertising,

Do you have any other mindees or are these your only ones at the moment?
    Me x

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

childcare.co.uk fantastic

It is a bad time of year for advertising tho, to be honest, don't think in December there are alot of people changing jobs etc, Jan probably different tho

If i were you i would batter the advertisng, shop windows, website ( pauline done mine and its great), talk, talk, talk, go to toddler groups, talk at school,
    Leaflet drop.

Its a nightmare when quiet, goodluck xx

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all - I have a website but am unsure on how to 'drive traffic' to it from google - is there a way I can do this so that if people type in 'childminder in ...' my site will come up?

I am registered with childcare and I think I may have a potential enquiry.

Am going to local shops tomorrow with my cards!

These were my only 2 mindees - I have learned my lesson in a way. Mum begged me to take them both and I let another mindee go to accommodate her. She said she was looking for a place for both of them unti at least July 2011! Argh! Ah well, I wont put all my eggs in 1 basket in the future.

xxx

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I also put myself on the free listing at yell.com using my business mob no. I do find I get a lot of silly advertising calls but 2 of my mindees have found me this way!

Also get yourself out there and let people know you are a CM. Word of mouth is great advertisment!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maisiemog View Post
    I also put myself on the free listing at yell.com using my business mob no. I do find I get a lot of silly advertising calls but 2 of my mindees have found me this way!

Also get yourself out there and let people know you are a CM. Word of mouth is great advertisment!

Thanks that has helped me too never thought about yell.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bambini View Post
    Thanks all - I have a website but am unsure on how to 'drive traffic' to it from google - is there a way I can do this so that if people type in 'childminder in ...' my site will come up?

xxx

What's your website address I could have a look at it to see what you have done so far and then I may be able to give you some suggestions about gettingtraffic to your site.

Jul '10
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked at my daughters school if I could give them leaflets to put in the childrens book bags.
    They did want to see my registartion certificate first (understandable) but were great and I got my first mindee from this two weeks later.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sledden3 View Post
    What's your website address I could have a look at it to see what you have done so far and then I may be able to give you some suggestions about gettingtraffic to your site.

Thank you! I will pm you xxx

Thanks all for your help - I am going to try yell and also local schools xxx