Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do you have a Welcome Sign?

hi ..

I used to have a really big poster which was a great multicultural hello sign but it gradually got ripped over time so I got rid.

now I'm being told by my development officer that just a wooden sign saying welcome isn't enough..

so's I'm a wondering.. do you have a multicultural sign up .. and if so where did you get it from?

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do you have a Welcome Sign?

I only have a small wall poster (a4 size)with welcome in all different languages. However, I would be interested too to see what everyone else has

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got one from childmindingresources
    it was a free download.
    Before i had that i made my own one up doing bubble writing which the children coloured in

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have one - sounds the same as Mawi, but to be honest I have a change around every so often as I get fed up and take things down - and I have taken it down and not put another one back up!!! Get fed up of things on the walls and no one takes any notice of whats on my notice board

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAWI View Post
    I only have a small wall poster (a4 size)with welcome in all different languages.
    thats all i have (from freechildmindingresources), opposite my door, and actually, i think its more than plenty!

i think DO often just go round thinking of things that would be 'nice' and making them sound like 'must haves'

Penny1959 Guest

I have large poster in the hall - so people see it when come in - but I don't have to look at it every day. If having visitors at weekend or I am closed for my holidays - I take it down (is in a clip frame) and hang up my daughters graduation photo in it's place.

Picking up on comments about DO's - As a past DO - I always used to 'suggest' things and leave it up to childminder if felt wanted to do that or not.

I think that sometimes DO's do say things in a way that sound like 'you must' (hope I never did) but that also sometimes childminders misunderstand what is a suggestion and then get uptight that have been told 'must do' when in fact they have only been given a suggestion. Actually a DO's role is to advise not to tell - of course the advice is sometimes excellent and worth taking note of - and at other times - well - lets say open to debate!

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest there are lots of things I would have up if I had a dedicated play room, and lots of LOVELY furniture etc. I would like, but I don't have a playroom I have a lounge and diner and though having stuff up doesn't bother me most of the time, I do get fed up once in a while, hence the sorting out Plus dh and ds' don't want the whole house looking like a nursery

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get them from local libraries, they usually have a rack of posters You do have to pay though, but maybe you get a discount?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    thats all i have (from freechildmindingresources), opposite my door, and actually, i think its more than plenty!

i think DO often just go round thinking of things that would be 'nice' and making them sound like 'must haves'
    I have the same one from this website to.

Post Thanks / Like

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one now, it got tattered and torn so took it down and no one seemed to notice so I never replaced it. The way I welcome the children and families at the door is what makes them feel welcome, not a poster.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    I don't have one now, it got tattered and torn so took it down and no one seemed to notice so I never replaced it. The way I welcome the children and families at the door is what makes them feel welcome, not a poster.

I agree, my smiling face should be enough
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

My DO gave me this one
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

No, never had one - I think it's more important to say hello to everyone myself!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No...my dining room already looks like a nursery and the only thing I have in my hallway is my reg cert and Ofsted poster on a notice board. Dont have anymore room for extra posters

Becky x