everything in the mouth?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default everything in the mouth?

What age do children stop putting everything into their mouths? I feel like a broken record at the moment saying "not in the mouth" or putting the hand up to prevent them biting another toy etc.

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: everything in the mouth?

i start to encourage not putting things in mouths at about 21/22 months. I feel by this age they dont neccesarily need to put things into their mouths to "explore" things.

Although i have cared for 5 yo's who still put everything into there mouths.

I def think by the time they are 2 they are old enough to not need to do this much or at all.

Baby toys covered in dribble are one thing but as they get older and play with more age appropiate toys i dont want every last thing covered in saliva.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think as they are pushing 2 they should be able to understand that toys can be explored in other ways.

however I have cared like little chickee for children aged 5 and older who are very sensory children and will stroke and then mouth toys.

I try to offer them appropriate toys to chew rather than the negative experience of don't do it.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

my daughter is nearly 5 and as soon as she concentrate on something ie tv. a story.....she will put whatever she has in her hands in mouth!!! if she listening around....waiting to get out of the car toc her drawing is in her mush.... aaaarrrggghhhhhh

if she has nothing in her hands she'll bite her nails if i tell her to stop she does her toes nails!!!