Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Report!!!

Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Report!!!

I have been looking on the local child care board on ***** on the warwickshire site. A lady is advertising as a babysitter but in her own house. She is offering overnight care only. Before I report it I just wanted to check if you need to be registered for this or if the child care rules change after a certain time at night.
    I'm thinking she can't do this but I just wanted to check the rules before I report the post.

VINASOL Guest

Default Re: Report!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    I have been looking on the local child care board on ***** on the warwickshire site. A lady is advertising as a babysitter but in her own house. She is offering overnight care only. Before I report it I just wanted to check if you need to be registered for this or if the child care rules change after a certain time at night.
    I'm thinking she can't do this but I just wanted to check the rules before I report the post.
    Am sure a better response will follow; but if you're looking after a child in your own home, isn't that a childminder? And as for overnight care, I think the rules apply 24/7, 365 days a year!x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    I saw this too as had posted myself on there. Was thinking about making an enquiry about it to find out where she was etc. She can do it for over 8s as thats a voluntary register, but not under 8s. I doubt she would have insurance though!!
    I believe in fairies

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When i rang Ofsted to ask for overnight care they said i didnt have to register as the child in question was 10 and therefore it was just an agreement between myself and the parent. I did however register as then i could care for others should the need arise! xx

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read somewhere it is different rules between something like 8 pm and 6 am, it is then babysitting. I don't know if it matters if it is in your home. But then again I don't know if I actually read this somewhere or if I dreamt it.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGiggles View Post
    When i rang Ofsted to ask for overnight care they said i didnt have to register as the child in question was 10 and therefore it was just an agreement between myself and the parent. I did however register as then i could care for others should the need arise! xx
    Is it quite easy to register for overnight care? Do they have to re-inspect?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com