Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with buying a double buggy PLEASE

Please, please, please can somone help me

I am going to be looking after a 14month old and a 24month old and would like to buy a double buggy.

Well i have looked on the internet for hours and still dont seem to be getting anywhere!! i would prefere a tandem one rather then side by side.

Ive looked on ebay and the ones in my area are either to much money or atleast 45 minute drive away. I feel like i have looked on every website going and they are either too much money or the rear seat is only for a child upto 6 months.

please can someone help me find a website that has a good value for money double buggy.

Thank you

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help with buying a double buggy PLEASE

Would you prefer a 4 or 3 wheeler. Have you tried ***** and facebook buy and sell as well?
    Paula

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

In our area you can apply for a short term (as along as you need it) loan of equipment through the Development workers, have you tried asking in your area, you never know.

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont mind if its 3 or 4 wheels, although my friend said that 3 wheels are easier to push.

Ive looked on *****, but im not on face book!

The cheapest one i have found is on precious little ones for £69.95 but is a side by side one and i would prefere tandem,

Thanks for your feedback X

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

have you tried gumtree,pre-loved, I'm sure there's a multiple birth one two but i can't remember the name , oh and car boots? if your friends with any local cms they may lend you one? that's what i did then brought a out and about on ebay and had it couriered think it was £40.00 all together bargain
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamasheshe View Post
    have you tried gumtree,pre-loved, I'm sure there's a multiple birth one two but i can't remember the name , oh and car boots? if your friends with any local cms they may lend you one? that's what i did then brought a out and about on ebay and had it couriered think it was £40.00 all together bargain
    Ive had alook at the carboots but people seemed to only be selling singles. i looked at the pre-loved website but couldnt figure out how to change the settings so it show the ones near my house lol.

me and the interenet have a love/hate relationship

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our NCT sale is October, you could check if there is any locally to you soon
    Paula

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try freecycle.org? you join the one that is local to your area, I got a fab stroller which lays flat from a lovely lady who had to many buggies! It was almost new and hardly used, mamas and papas! I think I was very lucky. Worth an ask?

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking on a graco stadium duo on ebay new for £109 think its from babyonline

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya, I researched double buggies thoroughly after I had a side by side and could not fit it thru the pre schools door!!! I ended up buying the Britax B dual which is similar to the phil & Teds one, its fab I love it but was 350 quid all in!! My sis has brought the Oh Baby one, which is a bit cheaper I think!

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you find one you like the look of on e-bay, it is always worth sending the seller a message to ask if they would consider posting the item to you, even if they have listed it as collection only.

I bought a Jane Powertwin tandem pushchair on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. I found one in good condition listed with a buy it now price of £130, it had no bids on it (possibly because no-one within collecting distance was interested at the time) so I messaged to ask if she would consider posting it and she replied to say she would be happy to and it would cost me £20. It arrived brilliantly packaged 4 days later and I'm really quite chuffed with my bargain!

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Thanks for all your replies, this morning i won a Jane Powertwin tandem pushchair, with rain cover and cosy toes for £100.00 on e-bay It looks in fab condition

Can't wait to go and collect it.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

av you tried *****?

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DIPPY DOUGHNUT View Post
    Hi

Thanks for all your replies, this morning i won a Jane Powertwin tandem pushchair, with rain cover and cosy toes for £100.00 on e-bay It looks in fab condition

Can't wait to go and collect it.
    wow thats a bargain, i paid just over £200 for mine off ebay but it did come with car seats too. its the best double ever