Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome wall display anyone?

hi all..

I've had various welcome type wall displays last year I had a 'what are we doing this week?' display .. and I'd write places we were going or special toys we'd be playing with..

it was a lot of work along with everything else.. and sometimes we didn't always visit where I thought we might...

does anyone else do something like this at all?

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: welcome wall display anyone?

Sounds like too much hard work to me!!!

I have some notice boards in my lobby/porch area. I have my Ofsted certificate here, my public liability insurance, a sample menu, a welcome sign in different languages, a toddler rules poster and some examples of the childrens's work. But thats it.

I have one of those plastic wallet display things hanging up in the play room - this has what month we are on, some examples of the work/pictures the children have done with the months topic. I can easily change this by putting things in and out the top.

I have also just ordered this one too:

http://www.letterbox.co.uk/20670-136...icture-pockets

I like all the different size pockets and think it will be easy enough to take things in and out regularly with not too much effort!!!

I think its up to you in regards to what you want to display but also being aware of keeping on top of it too.
    Helen

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I printed off a picture of a train with 3 carriages , from communication4all , and write on the activities we aim to do each day .
    The train is mounted on a painted canvas , and clouds with each childs name on velcro are stuck on when the child is here to make the steam..
    Not describing it very well , but cant find my camera lead to put a photo on!

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I use these hanging on the back of the door as I like to be able to put everything away at the weekend
    http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/find.as...DWORDS&name=a4 wall hanger

Oh didn't open in quite the right place but there is a selection of wall hangers for pictures and photos
    Last edited by youarewhatyoueat; 21-09-2010 at 11:34 AM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I printed off a picture of a train with 3 carriages , from communication4all , and write on the activities we aim to do each day .
    The train is mounted on a painted canvas , and clouds with each childs name on velcro are stuck on when the child is here to make the steam..
    Not describing it very well , but cant find my camera lead to put a photo on!
    that sounds really nice. please find your camera lead soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the plastic hanging walllet thingy!!! One with photo's in and one with big A4 pockets that I use to put in what we are doing this week/month, childrens colouring etc. Plan was that I would take them down at the end of the week and pop them away, sounds simple, but do I do it????? NO!!!!!!!!! they only seem to come down if I am off for a while

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    that sounds really nice. please find your camera lead soon!
    have found the lead but when i try to upload the picture i get the website cannot be displayed message . will keep trying though. i think its too big , no idea how to resize it
    Last edited by mama2three; 21-09-2010 at 04:33 PM.