Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marco Sky Tandem - Opinions Please

I have just signed a 12 month old and on 1 day a week I will also have a 15 mth old. I need a double buggy just for getting in and out of the childrens centre, and occassional trips to the shop. I dont need it for walking as will be going by car. I would only be using it one day a week, so it is never really going to suffer with over use!! Lol

I just wondered what people's experiences/opinions of them are.

For those who dont know, here is a link to one:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/...-CPC-_-Froogle

The reviews of them are mixed, but mostly quite negative in terms of value for money. I am 5'4 and find I need to put my foot on the back of any double pushchair to get it up the kerb, so this doesnt bother me.

Thanks in advance
    Helen

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Marco Sky Tandem - Opinions Please

Hi, I have a jusonne tandem which is almost identicel to the marco except it has a little changing bag attached to each side and comes with cosy toes etc.... I used it for my two mindees when they were 12 mths and 15 mths. I loved it as its very compact and only weighs 10kg on its own so was easy to push, I to push down with my foot to go up kerbs. The only problem I found was folding it, abit stiff although quite compact flat but I just kept mine up in the garage. I also attached a buggy pod to mine when I took on an 11 mth old which was brilliant. Depending on the size of the children you may not always find it easy to get the child in the back although for me it was fine plus if your only using it for short periods..... Is it possible for you to use a buggy board and a single as in 5 months the older one will be two and may want to walk/board for ease?

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The 15 mth old is quite dinky so if he proves to be the lighter of the 2, I can put him in the back.

I would use a buggy board but dont think the 15 mth old will stay on it for longer periods of time if I do need to get to the shop or go out for the day.

Am looking at getting a second hand one anyway, so not too worried about cost if I wont be using it in a few months time.

Thanks
    Helen

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one but I have had to buy a side by side for two new younger mindees as they cant both sleep in it but you already know that. I am 5'10 so I quite like the fact its so tall, my vertically challenged friend could barely see over the top of it! Back child was never keen on the hood being on as its pretty huge and stops them seeing to the side so I never used it, also means I couldnt use raincover but they hated that too (as they would any raincover, not particular to this pram) - they could both hold a kids umbrella with out making it massively wide or injuring each other which was very cute. No problem getting a fairly hefty 3 year old in either seat, its quite roomy. Basket is miniscule. Umbrella folding but its long so you still might struggle to get it in the car. I dont think it was any heavier to push than any other tandem but not as easy as the maclaren techno twin I just got, I could get round shops with it pretty easily and got lots of comments about what a clever design it was as its so compact. I did like it and would recommend it (if you are tall enough), I am thinking of keeping mine for when I have older kids as its so much easier to have one that gets easily through doors. I think you can put a buggy board on it and I can imagine its much easier to push with the board than the maclaren would be because of the positioning of the handles.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. As its only for occassional use, I might take a chance.

I like the idea that its not much bigger than a single for getting around easier. I always tend to crash side by side ones!!
    Helen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one, but didn't really like it.

It was very hard to put a child in the back seat without taking the hood off, though babaies were very comfy in there. I didn't think it was much use once the one in the back wanted to sit up. There was only a very tiny gap for their legs to go.

The front seat was a very good size though & I had an almost 4yr old in it sometimes.

If it's only for short trips you would probably be OK though.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one of these and HATED it!!! I'm a shorty and found it quite a tall pushchair. It didn't steer well at all and was quite rickety. I always felt like it was going to fall apart. Also hard to get the baby into the back and not a lot of room in there. Thankfully I got it given to me so when I decided I couldn't use it anymore it wasn't the end of the world!

Got a new double a couple of months ago and I LOVE it!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an older one but I sold it a few weeks after getting it. I hated it and so did DS/DD.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, think I wil steer clear then!!!

Thank you
    Helen