finally aloud a bunny
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default finally aloud a bunny

As some ov u may know i use my mums home for work and i have been nagging for a rabbit finally she has come round to the idea .. a present for my bday

what is the best type of bunny to get for kids?

I want small one I no nether land dwarf are the smallest but they seem rare to come by?

are they easy to look after ?

xx
    xxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: finally aloud a bunny

I have a yellow dutch and she is just adorable. She lives inside the playroom and the kids love her

They are easy to look after- they will use a litter tray in their hutch which makes cleaning alot easier as I just change the litter daily and clean the rest weekly. Rosie has pellet food to eat, tons of fresh hay and any scraps of fruit and veg (not too much fruit though as its not good for the teeth)

Claws need clipping every few weeks (I do it myself) and you need to watch their teeth as some can grow dangerously long. We've had no problems at alll with Rosies as she always has knawing sticks to keep them down.

Hope that helps. Enjoy

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dwarf lop and she is huge, my friend is a cm and she has mini lops and these seem the perfect size for lo's

Flopsys claws look after themselves as we have her run half on grass and half on concrete (but we do keep an eye on them) she requires daily brushing at the mo as is malting everywhere! My own kids love her and even though she is a lot bigger than what we orignally intended ( went for a mini lop but fell in love with her!) I wouldn't change her for the world x

Let us know what you decide to get x
    I believe in fairies

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughters and I would love a rabbit, Mick can't stand anything fury and flattly refuses to give in I would love a dwarf lop eared or mini they are soooooo cute.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe_mummy View Post
    I have a dwarf lop and she is huge, my friend is a cm and she has mini lops and these seem the perfect size for lo's

Flopsys claws look after themselves as we have her run half on grass and half on concrete (but we do keep an eye on them) she requires daily brushing at the mo as is malting everywhere! My own kids love her and even though she is a lot bigger than what we orignally intended ( went for a mini lop but fell in love with her!) I wouldn't change her for the world x

Let us know what you decide to get x
    we had a dwarf lop called floppsy too

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We used to have lionheads and they were really tame. Chewed through my phone cables though
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a dwarf, he's so cute, he's called Danny boy and my children love him, he has a hutch in the gaden, but he does have free rein in the garden. although he'll not be happy in couple of days, because he's having a run made in the corner. But he poos on the grass in one area in the corner, and i think due to H&S i think i need to pen him in.
    He's very easy to look after and he's friendly too.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a netherland dwarf, my friend has a mini lop which is smaller than mine.

My rabbit is a house rabbit and runs all over the house like a cat, he is trained to use a litter tray in the upstairs bathroom which the children do not have access to.
    He has a cage under the stairs with his food and water in, the children do not have access to this.

He is very friendly, the children pat and chase him around he does not mind, but he will growl when he has had enough or you are ignoring him. He gets upset when tiny babies cry, he hides under his paw and wimpers.

We love him to bits.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we had a house bunny called Teeper Babbitt. he loved to sit on the sofa and watch TV...especially Neighbours!

he had a tray and cage in the house etc.

Great pets

miss the old boy

mandy xx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv heard netherland dwarf can b vicious but i really want one now and the only ones avalible are mini lop i just want it 2 stay tiny lol x
    xxxxxx

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I had a bunny when I was a child!