Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Temporary contract help!!

Morning all,

My neighbour across the road stopped me in the street on Friday and asked me to have her dd for 3 months while she goes back to work until her next lot of maternity leave starts. (yes, they'll be very close together!)

She's coming tomorrow to do polices and contracts, but I was wondering ( i'm using up my NCMA contracts, am now insured with MM) should I put an end date?

Also, would it be okay if I'm straight with her, and tell her that as it's a temp contract that I'm still looking for other work, and if I do get any spaces filled before the end date, would she be able to swap days - she'll be coming tues/thurs/fri, and I'll have E mon/weds/thurs, so only 1 day I'll have both babies but still have spaces, but if she can't I've already spoke to my back-up cm and she's happy to have A until the end of the temp contract?

I'm just happy to have some work, even if it is only for 3 months!!!!!

Also, I wasn't really going to do any EYFS with her - she's only 8 months old so not likely to do anything 'big' while she's with me, just a daily diary and the occasional obs sheet - does that sound okay?
    Marnie x

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Temporary contract help!!

If it's only for three months I would do a contract for "as can do" hours/days.
    Explain to mum about all you have said and hopefully she will be ok. Otherwise I would ask for a 3 mth contract but full time paid for.
    You will be following EYFS by the ways you have said ! i don't think you need to do more .
    Carol xx

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Temporary contract help!!

I have just signed a new short term contract with a 2 year old....
    Its only for 7 weeks & I am NOT going down the Ob's eyfs route, I'm sticking with just a daily diary & not doing next steps etc etc!
    wow 2012 already