Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Christmas Opening Times

i close normal time christmas eve up to now that will be 4.30 unless any new lo starts before then of christmas day ,boxing day back in next day off new years day work all athor times if required,we would all like time off lucky mine children are all grown up but what about nurses,doctors ,police who would also like time off

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I take the same time off as school holidays. I always have done and I tell parents when they come for their very first visit that I close over Christmas.

In all my years of minding, it's never been a problem.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I also finish 23rd and start back the day after NYD if its a weekday. I'm lucky because my parents are teachers so are off annyway and the others have been in the RAF and they shut down for 2 sometimes 3 weeks over the festive period.

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am lucky this year in that I am starting my maternity leave at the end of Oct (baby due 18/11/10) and not starting back until after 1/2 term in Feb On a normal year I would be closed I think from christmas eve until the schools go back in January.

(I am still thinking of having a christmas party for my mindees though...someone talk me out of it quick!! )

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind working Christmas Eve as my oh is in retail so chances are he will be working anyway, but I have put a stop to working between Christmas and New Year, I did it before and i found it impossible to get the house properly straight with all the kids presents and stuff everywhere. Besides it is their Christmas aswell so actually I feel my kids need to have me to themselves for a few days of the year.

Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I only take christma day, and new years day off , cant afford not to take more time really x
    Ella xx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive booked off 24th, 30th & 31st. Its a bit naughty really but my holidays are not paid so cant afford to book the whole thing off. Im secretly hoping people dont bring their lo's in between - but you never know they probably will knowing my luck.

Was thinking of asking people in December to let me know if there are any days their child will not be attending - or is this cheeky & a little obvious?
    Sarah

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take the full 2 weeks (school holiday) off over Christmas as I love the build up with my kids
    Liz xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jibberjitz View Post
    I take the full 2 weeks (school holiday) off over Christmas as I love the build up with my kids
    so do i but i think the mindees add to the excitement
    and as we are going out for christmas dinner then i dont mind as i dont have any prep work to do x
    IS BACK

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

As Christmas Day is a Saturday & Boxing Day is a Sunday, the following Monday & Tuesday are bank holidays

I know this as I currently work on a mon & tues (am pre-reg so not minding) and have just doubled checked in my diary

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i am off between xmas and new year. It will be my second week of hols this year...So i think i deserve some time with my family

xxx
    Needs to Zumba

Feb 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only take the fixed holidays off so this year it will just be Monday 27th that I will not be working as Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year day are at the weekends. Most of my parents are working so need the childcare.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

All my parents already know my Christmas opening hours! Last day at work is 23rd Dec. First day back is 4th Jan.

Post Thanks / Like

I work 365 days a year and yes, that does sometimes mean Christmas day. One parent is a nurse and single parent and NEEDS my support. Some years I've had him, some years I've not. It's down to who will work those dates and if nobody will then sometimes the parent has to - iyswim! It works for us, he's part of our immediate family really, like I've got 5 kids of my own not 4!!!!! x

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i will be shut from 24th till they go back to school. whilst mine are young (ish) i dont want to work between christmas and new year as i value this as family time and dont want my kids to have to take their stuff up stairs to early plus its my birthday on the 29th dec
    when mine are older i may consider working inbetween, would probably see what the demand is.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i would work christmas day if i was needed, my kids are older so they wouldnt mind (both now non believers ) so having a little one would make it magical again
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

I usually close the same time as the schools and reopen when they do. Last year tho, and possibly this, I may work till 22nd as the schools finish on the 17th which seems too early to me.

I think the schools should finish on the 23rd (sorry school teachers )and then let the children have longer off after christmas, as it seems they only just get their presents and its time to go back to school

I am going to see who might need me the 3 days leading up to christmas before I decide whether to offer or not, don't really want to be working for just one child iyswim

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first started minding I only closed on the christmas bank hols, but I found I had no time for my own family....they all, I mean all as in 23 of them arrive on christmas day and various ones go home and come back daily for a few days but the majority stay.

I love christmas.....

So now I take the same time off as the local schools

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12