Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted complaint

A while ago someone I used to be friends with rang Ofsted and complainned about me. I know it was her as the info was both out of date and very specific.

The first I know bout it is when an inpsector turns up unannounced at the door.

Complaints were:
    kitchen untidy/ health hazard.
    3 large dirty dogs that have fleas.
    cat **** in the sand pit
    and dogs mess and wee all in the house. All complete b*****ks

Now she came first thing in the morning, so house was a bit of a pickle. I had gone to bed with a migraine the previous nite so that made things worse

Anyway I don't mind till 3pm, so had plenty of time to get straight. Subsequently spoke to ofsted office and they said what I do in my own time is down to me they are only interested in minding time

She looked at the house, sand etc and when she left she said she would have to write a letter outlinig actions etc and then turn up unannounced within 6months ( almost up ).

The thing is, when the letter did turn up it was very vague and didn't list specific failings,just make [I]sure[I] you keep sandpit clean, make sure you keep kitchen tidy etc.

Do I have to tell parent bout this?? Will it go on my record???

Will be mighty pi***d off if it does. Sorry that it's so long

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ofsted complaint

If Ofsted decide a complaint is unfounded you get a letter saying no action is to be taken and it does not go on your record.

If you have a letter telling you things need to be done then tbh I am not sure, but possibly.

You can, however, appeal.

I would ring them tomorrow and check! 08456 404040. Good luck.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm really sorry that your so called friend did this to you
    been there done that worn the t shirt sorry to say so i know how shi**y you feel

i am also sorry to say that it sounds to me like it will go on your record as there were actions to be upheld even if the only thing you have to action is the cleaning of the sandpit.

your parents are not going to be bothered about these so called comlaints as they can see for themselves that the kitchen although possibly messy when ofsted came that that is an easy job to rectify and not a real health hazard unless it is really disgusting (which i am sure it isn't)

the sandpit and dog poo in the house are separate issues and if there were animal faeces when a parent came to visit they wouldn't leave their child with you in the first place

i really wouldn't worry too much about them and certainly wouldn't ever have anything to do with your friend again

Post Thanks / Like

That's really horrible of your ex friend

Hope you get it sorted soon

miffy xx

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats so annoying is that it didn't say..... your sandpit is dirty ( which it isn't ) make sure this or that is changed it was basically a reiteration of the standards. Didn't say that I HAD done things wrong .

And don't worry I don't see her any more.She was the partner of my hubbies best friend. As they split up so she got at him through us.

Before ofsted it was the RSPCA. Saying we had dead pigs laying all over the place and that the horses weren't looked after. I f I ever see her I may not be responsible for my actions

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

she sounds like just the friend you would want to have

put it behind you be grateful that she didn't make the complaints worse and forget it

you know they aren't true and your parents obviously know it too or you wouldn't have the kids

i am looking forward to coming over once the weather is warmer to meet all your animals (even the dead pigs lying all over the farm)

take care

mxxx

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can't help here and hope I never will be able to help I don't think that the letter was specific enough for it to be actionable I think they are just keeping an eye on you because of that Bee with an itch and just meeting their own requirements and to show that they have taken her seriously and they are doing a follow up visit for the same reason so just make sure everything is really tidy from now until they have gone. Aslo I think if it was a serious serious letter then it would be made very clear to you.

So for now its no bodys business but yours. I think its a good sign that you kitchen is untidy it means you are too busy with the children and planning for what you will be doing with them to be spending hours and hours tidying up and having a show home so there mrs Bee with an itch ex friend.

I also shouldn't worry too much about the Bee with an itch saying anything to anyone about it as then everyone would know just what an old cow she had been.

Hope this has made you feel better even if I'm wrong.

take care of yourself.
    Celest

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor you flora

I hope you are ok. I would be a bit confused by the actions as well.

Surely you are allowed to have a bit of a mess. i mean i try to be really tidy ( ia m mad about tidyness) but most mornings my kitche looks like a bombs hit it, only because i haven't tidyed up before bedit always staight after 15 mins , it's just I can't be bothered to clean the kitchen before bed.

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your issues with your ex-friend. Ive been there, done that as well so know exactly how your feeling.

Keep your chin up as shes not worth it .

The friend that did the dirty on me, i have to see every week at nursery and she cant understand why i wont say Hi to her.

If I open my mouth to her it certainly wont be to say Hi!

The mums that use your services can always write notes to the officers to back up your claims if you want them to so that it all goes into your files.

It should all get brushed over and nothing come of it.
    Fiona xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you could possible argue that if you were not minding at the time the Ofsted woman was there, then as long as it was nothing structural wrong, her findings could not represent the childminding setting. She should have looked at 3pm.

Lets face it you could dance naked on the kitchen table with your wellies on before 3pm. But ( i hope) you would not do it while you were minding. It all seems a bit unfair to me.

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    I think you could possible argue that if you were not minding at the time the Ofsted woman was there, then as long as it was nothing structural wrong, her findings could not represent the childminding setting. She should have looked at 3pm.

Lets face it you could dance naked on the kitchen table with your wellies on before 3pm. But ( i hope) you would not do it while you were minding. It all seems a bit unfair to me.
    Is there something you would like to confess?
    Annie x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no the image i have in my mind now isn't a particularly pleasant one

it's of me dancing not you flora of course

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How awful, yes you certainly ought to appeal, nothing to lose and lots to gain.

Hope you get it sorted, it seems unfair.
    Pauline x

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Flora

Sorry you've had to put up with these ficticious and venomous accusations from someone who sounds like a really lune!

I would give Ofsted a call tomorrow and find out exactly where you stand and what the letter meant.

It may have just been normal practice to send the letter out and doesn't actually mean much - it's best to find out what you are dealing with so that you can put your mind at rest or fight it!

Good luck.

(What a barmy, evil woman!)

x

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post

Maybe I should appeal and then if things don't go my way I should threaten to dance naked in my wellies..... .

It is too late at night for such hideous thoughts.
    Do you want me to have nightmares?????

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Flora and add your rubber gloves for good measure

Post Thanks / Like

Just catching up

Hope you are ok what a horrible friend

Hope you sort it out

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What an awful woman doing that to you, i hope it does not go on your record its viscous nasty people like this that make me not want to do this job any more, we have to remember its the kids we do it for.
    Hugs
    Bev X

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about your trouble! i have a so called friend who in my opinion is caperble of this sort of thing! trust me hi would also wouldnt be the last thing i would say to her!!

just for future ref, if your not minding and you have a "spot check" like in flora's post, could you not ask them to come during minding hours???

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were just walking out the door i dont think they could stop you.

They have to have a reason to suspect that there are children in the setting and that they are in danger to force their way in. Then they have a right of entry. But they have no power to detain you as a person leaving. So always make sure that your hat and wellies and car key are by the front door.
    Last edited by wendywu; 03-04-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast