Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice needed -- any Portsmouth childminders

Hello.
    I am considering relocating from Essex to Portsmouth but have lots of questions.
    Is there a need for childminders in Portsmouth???
    Do i have to completly re-register or will I just have another inspection to ensure the property is suitable??
    What are the kind of average fees??
    And a personal question-- wheres the nice/ not so nice places to live and good schools.
    Thank you
    Leah xxxx

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice needed -- any Portsmouth childminders

am in waterlooville, just north of Portsmouth. It is in Hampshre county council, as opposed to Portsmouth City Council.
    If you have the choice, I would try to live in Hampshire. They offer loads of training for childminders, and grants etc, that other parts of the country do not get.

As for charges, most people here charge £3.50-£3.60 an hour.

I think you will have to have a new inspection when your house is ready, you wot have to re-register.

hope that helps, get in toch if you have an more questions.

N/A
    Non childminder member
    FIS
    Post Thanks / Like

HAMPSHIRE WEBSITE: Registered childcare providers please contact the Early Education and Childcare Unit directly (01962 813887 or childcare@hants.gov.uk).

if you have an area in mind you could always contact their FIS and ask what the demand is for the area - they may direct you to the Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA) for the Authority that may indicate the demand as well.

Kent's CSA is available here: http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and...e_in_kent.aspx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello.
    Thank you for your reply, I have found a house I really like, although I think its a bit expensive for the area but still £200 a month less than where I am now.
    Its in Horndean.
    Is there a big need for childminders or would I have a struggle to find mindees.
    The schools I have found are Horndean- full, catherine- full and going to try petersgate and padnelle.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Leah x

Blue Boy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mia'smummyx View Post
    Hello.
    Thank you for your reply, I have found a house I really like, although I think its a bit expensive for the area but still £200 a month less than where I am now.
    Its in Horndean.
    Is there a big need for childminders or would I have a struggle to find mindees.
    The schools I have found are Horndean- full, catherine- full and going to try petersgate and padnelle.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Leah x
    we have friends who live in Cowplain not far from Horndean and would love to live down there. sorry dont know what the childcare needs are in the area. But if you do move it will be another place to go for a cuppa

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister lives in Horndean ... have you looked at Queens Enclosure school (I think that's what it's called), I'll ask her about childminders in the area etc for you. She has a 4 year old starting at Horndean in Sept and a 2 year old!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Horndean is a lovely area. Padnel and Queens Enclosure are good schools, as far as I know. I dont know anything about Petersgate, sorry.

I can ask our local development officer what demand is like in Horndean, pm me your e mail address and ill see what i can find out.