Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Neighbours garden

Hi my nextdoor neighbours garden is a disgrace.
    I had to cut the bush down between us as the berries on it were poisonous.
    The man said as it was on his side and his bush he would treat the base of the bush so it wouldn't grow again.
    Well he did that and left the carton of stuff on the grass.
    The grass is overgrown and although we have a wire fence between us it doesn't stop the weeds from coming through and it looks a disgrace.
    They said about a year ago, they are concreting the lot but it's just getting out of hand is there anything I can do?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Neighbours garden

Is it private or council?
    IS BACK

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Private I've only seen them about 3 times and we have lived in this house 5 years

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i would put a proper fence up, or get some of that willow/reed screening and attach it to your wire fence so you cant see through. its quite cheap i think. it probably wont stop all the weeds but if you attach it low enough it should make a difference.

VINASOL Guest

is it your wire fence or is it your neighbours? If it's yours, it may be easier to put up a fence.

you'll be amazed at what actions your local council can take though- can't you say something about privacy of the children you look after? Might be worth giving your local council a call for advice.

good luck

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a go. DH out of work at the moment and i'm desperate for a fence just don't have the money for it at the moment. It's the safety of the children that bothers me

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

are you the only ones joined to his garden

you could always put a complaint to the council about the stae of his garden, as even if its privatly owned im sure there are laws to keep it "at a good state"

x x x
    Jennie x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i think there is nothing you can do except if there is a health risk you could report to enviorment health but that would be extreem like them having rats i think i would have a word in his ear about people commenting on his garden and if that did not work i would put it into writting to him this is less confrontational to then all there is left is legal action im sorry if that has not helped hope this is sorted for you.
    Im just a littlestar *

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think-not 100% sure, but you could check-any thing of his that grows over your side you can trim etc, but and its a good but, you are not legally allowed to dispose of the waste yourself you have to throw it back over as it belongs to him!!! Maybe an idea?

Ali x

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a simalar problem a drug dealer garden backs on to ours they have had a tent nex to our fence uo for 3 years and the grass has grown over it we put up a 6ft fence and there was a small hole at the bottom one night we were sat out and a mouse came though,the hole is now covered cant really say antghing as the last time the took a dislike to the people over the road they set fire to there letterbox ( she went to prision for this )

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ali56 View Post
    I think-not 100% sure, but you could check-any thing of his that grows over your side you can trim etc, but and its a good but, you are not legally allowed to dispose of the waste yourself you have to throw it back over as it belongs to him!!! Maybe an idea?

Ali x
    you are rightthis is the law if you cut it off when its hanging over yourside you do have to either give it back to them or ask them if they want it back!!

x x

id complaint that theres rats...we have an area of wasteland 1 house away from us and we do have rats running up and down the gardens...we have all notified the council and enviro health and the owner of the land has now starting trying to sort it out x
    Jennie x x

Blue Boy Guest

Sounds like our neighbour. The grass and weeds are coming above he 4 foot fences, sounds bad but when I tell you that or garden is raised above theirs.

They only cut it once a year if we are lucky. Am sure I saw a tiger in there today