Some parents really do wind me up
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some parents really do wind me up

i closed on friday as my daughter had to have an operation, we were ment to be closing for a week but one family we're really stuggerling to find childcare so i agreed to open today and tomorrow just to them...

Anyway my daughter ened back in hospital on monday over night and the mindees mum heard and rang me and asked if they could still come.

I said yes as long as they didnt have a caugh and a cold. mum accured me that they were both fine.

mum droped them off this morning, one has a cold and then informed my husband that she she had been sick last night in sainsburys car park

i feel i cant say anything to mum as these mindees are my biggest payers i'm so angry.
    Last edited by little_gems; 24-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Some parents really do wind me up

No way, how rude..

Your DD comes first, id be ringing parents to come & collect stating their unwell & its unfair on your DD who has been in hospital.

If they get the ump that's their problem.
    wow 2012 already

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    No way, how rude..

Your DD comes first, id be ringing parents to come & collect stating their unwell & its unfair on your DD who has been in hospital.

i agree! call them and get them to collect! what is your sickness policy? i dont charge for my sickness/holiday but do for theirs. i would and do, stand very firm on the subject of illness. my children come first - full stop.

x
    What's for you, wont pass by you

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    No way, how rude..

Agree

There is NO way I would put my child at risk
    How DARE they have such total disregard for you and your family as well as your generosity

If you don't want to say something then give me their phone number and I will say something on your behalf.

SEND THE CHILDREN HOME NOW and tell the parent(s) in no uncertain terms that they are OUT OF ORDER.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just down right inconsiderate of them!!!

We all need to work to get money to pay our bills, you as well as the parents but at the end of the day your child's health comes first. How would they feel if the boot was on the other foot.

Send them home now!

(I get so cross over this sort of thing... can't you tell )

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

the little one is fine though, and she's going to school this afternoon.

My daughter has enjoyed having someone to play with.

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad it's not just me then. I had a new starter who was off last Monday, and came on Tues. I wasn't entirely happy with him being with me, as he wasn't right, but Mum assured me he was OK. I said I'd call her back if he got worse.
    The Wed he came and seemed much brighter. I texted Mum to say he was OK, and seemed more like himself, and she texted back to say, he must be over the worst of it, as he threw up twice last night. Then guess what, all my own children get ill over the weekend. Grrrrr
    I had to have a word when she picked him up. But to do that when she knew your daughter was just back from hospital is pretty selfish.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little_gems View Post
    i closed on friday as my daughter had to have an operation, we were ment to be closing for a week but one family we're really stuggerling to find childcare so i agreed to open today and tomorrow just to them...

Anyway my daughter ened back in hospital on monday over night and the mindees mum heard and rang me and asked if they could still come.

I said yes as long as they didnt have a caugh and a cold. mum accured me that they were both fine.

mum droped them off this morning, one has a cold and then informed my husband that she she had been sick last night in sainsburys car park

i feel i cant say anything to mum as these mindees are my biggest payers i'm so angry.

This is totally unacceptable .............given the cirumstances

I would not be happy at all even if they were bringing in the money

family comes first , as a parent they should no they should send when unwell Is be sooooooooooo cross !!!!!

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

well i asked older one tonight when i picked her up and she said well thats very naughty of mummy if she was sick. i'm going to ask her when i get home.