Please Please need help getting stressed
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Please need help getting stressed

Please can anyone help. I have been on holiday for 2 weeks and have just got back. I went to a childminding drop in today for the first time, they were all discussing paperwork and its really stressed me out. I think I understand the legal requirements but Im not sure what things are good practice to have.
    I was registered in march so it wont be long until my 1st ofsted inspection.

Can anyone recommend a book or any advice on what stuff I need or should I say ofsted like us to have:-

So far I have

Policies
    Permission slips
    Emergency info cards
    Learning Journeys- obs, individual planning, about me's starting points
    weekly planning
    Activity webs linked to 6 areas
    Fridge temp chart
    Daily checklist
    Risk Assessments-home, garden, outings
    Parent Pack-my details, about me, packed meal ideas, fees.

Thank you in advance x
    Now the fun begins

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please Please need help getting stressed

What did you hear them talking about? sounds fantastic what you have already got in place.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Blue Boy Guest

What you have sounds good to me At the end of the day it depends on the inspector you get. I know one childminder who was given an Outstanding who was told that she bordered on having too much paperwork

When your inspection comes just be yourself and concentrate on interacting with the children.

Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wellybelly View Post
    What did you hear them talking about? sounds fantastic what you have already got in place.
    Logs of food and hygiene procedures

Risk assessment for every activity

some time of education programme for each child

They were also takling about the different types of grips and schemas

Thanks for your reply
    Now the fun begins

Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick M View Post
    What you have sounds good to me At the end of the day it depends on the inspector you get. I know one childminder who was given an Outstanding who was told that she bordered on having too much paperwork

When your inspection comes just be yourself and concentrate on interacting with the children.
    You defo cant win with ofsted. When I had my pre reg she was very strict and wanted so much from me luckily I was ahead and had done policies, risk assessments etc

I just feel like I havent done enough and am starting to get really stressed
    Now the fun begins

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SparklingGems View Post
    Logs of food and hygiene procedures

Risk assessment for every activity

some time of education programme for each child

They were also takling about the different types of grips and schemas

Thanks for your reply
    I do a risk assessment for generic activities not every activity - you never know how an activity will end up so it's better to risk assess the equipment and the children individually. E.g. paint, sequins, glue, scissors, sand pit, the play shed etc. Then the children being risk assessed sows that you have thought if the activities are suitable or not. I would'nt let an 18 month old use small sequins.

I believe the education programmes are the Early Learning Goals from the EYFS but I could be wrong. I have a list of these in each of the childrens learning journeys and if they reach them I highlight and cross reference to evidence e.g. a observation or photo.

Schemas only come into it if a child has one. It's a kind of behaviour - really interesting. I would'nt worry too much about this but it might be worth having a read on the net or in a book from the library (Tinba Bruces Books are good for this) so you are familiar with them.

Food logs - i keep an a4 sheet to hand with a 2 week log of what food i've done for snack, linch, snack and dinner. It's purley a record.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The only hygiene records I now have is the food standards log for childminding. I do keep a fridge log and recrd of cleaning toys but thats it. Don't get bombarded with paper work, it will take over you life.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx