Where do you want to be in 5yrs time?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where do you want to be in 5yrs time?

i will be married and bump will be starting school, i would love another baby and as for a career im not sure would love to be a photographer not sure i want to do , dont even no if i'll childmind again after my maternity leave
    heaven = bar of galaxy

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    Not in the uk
    With you on that one - DH has got 2 more years left in the RN and then we are outta here, hopefully, unless he gets an extension or another overseas posting in the meantime! Living overseas in SE Asia for 3 years has really opened our eyes up ... hoping to go to either Aus, NZ (DH to join their Navy) or back to Singapore.

Pre Reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after I eventually finish my registration forms and eventually get my certificate and get started I have a few goals.

Be a very good childminder obviously!
    Complete the Diploma in Home-based Childcare.
    I don't know if the CSSIW grades inspections but if they do I'd like to achieve an outstanding
    I'd like to partner up with my local college and take on childcare students.
    Maybe get accredited for early years but I've not thoroughly looked into things like this yet.

On a more personal note I'd love to buy a house by then and hopefully add another little one to the family

Azzie x
    Last edited by cherishcare; 30-05-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Daughter was messing with PC and it got sent before had chance to finish lol!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I want two kids of my own (at least) and our own house with at least 3 bedrooms LOL! Renting sucks!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to be a well known and full childminder!!
    as i have no lo's yet.....
    Im easily pleased!

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm hard one as i am very 2 sided!!

At the mo i am very full all the time and earn very good money so would love that to continue! I would like to get more well known and carry on doing well.
    I LOVE our house as it is new and completely my cup of tea so at the mo have no intentions to move.

The other side of me would love to move to an older style house and do it up, would love enough land to open our own cattery and do that as there is nothing for a fair distance from us.

Who knows in 5 years what will happen though hey!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

5 yrs is such a long time away

I will have moved about 3 more times! I am hopefully going to have my GCSE Maths and then onto foundation in somthing, not sure which direction I want to take yet .

I would like to own my own home, even if not living in it, just so we can be on the ladder!

Childminding wise I can honestly see me carrying on wiht childminding. Every time I move I look into somthing else, but I always manage to fall back onto it and it suits my life style so much (apart from it taking over the house )

As long as my family stay happy and healthy, I couldn't ask for anything more

Who knows?

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I finish my degree with 2 years and will hopefully be in a well paid, flexible job somewhere
    Paula

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to be retired and have a house full of grandchildren..........

Post Thanks / Like

By then I will be 53 and my "boys" will be 24 and 22 so probably won't need me to be at home for them Will still be living here I am sure unless I win the lottery, but job wise not sure.

June (cm next door) is talking about moving back to Scotland when her son (who gets married this year) starts a family so she can be close to them (he works up there and his fiancee is from Scotland)! Don't really fancy cm without June next door, I would find it awfully lonely - so simple answer is I don't know

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    By then I will be 53 and my "boys" will be 24 and 22 so probably won't need me to be at home for them Will still be living here I am sure unless I win the lottery, but job wise not sure.

June (cm next door) is talking about moving back to Scotland when her son (who gets married this year) starts a family so she can be close to them (he works up there and his fiancee is from Scotland)! Don't really fancy cm without June next door, I would find it awfully lonely - so simple answer is I don't know
    you sound like me .................similar stage in life..............my friend gave up minding 2yrs ago and I have found it quite lonely since....

Feb 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if i'm not retired by then (i'll be 57 ) i think i would like to be 'pottering' around doing childminding- my way (depends on 'developments in childcare' and whether i'm still allowed to do it my way to benefit the children in my care- i will not let my setting become a clone just to please the govenment ) or i quite fancy being a phlebotomist or gardening as a job

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In my dreams I would love to be the owner of a top notch livery yard in the New Forest.
    In reality I will probably still be childminding. I'm happy with that!
    Carol x

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

id like to be 3 stone lighter..
    my kids will be 19 and 14 by then so i will probably be still living here running around after then. Hubby and me will be 41 then and if i havent won the lottery i would like hubby to be working day shift only (hate minding with him in the house through the day) and i would like weekends off by then

AND enough money to go on holday 4 times a year

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to be running my own home-based pre-school for 2-5 yr olds With hubby of course. Would love to be in a financial possition just to do 3hr sessions both morning and afternoon 4 days aweek.

Working towards accreditation at the moment, but I think the rest is just a dream unless we win the lottery because in the area I live, it would just not be sustainable

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be 61 then so really I should have retired, but thinking of moving to Sicily with family and setting up a school for teaching english as a second language and providing good quality childcare, so who knows, hope it does come off though, doing what I enjoy doing and being in the sun as well, heaven.
    Teacake2

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to become a CM (instead of dreaming about it) with 2 kids and a small extention to make room for toys and bits for the little ones.

Not much chance of anything at the moment

onceinabluemoon Guest

Strangely exactly where I am now.

More organised definitely, tidier definitely, more qualified too, but right here doing what I'm doing, just better than I'm doing it now.

I've already done everything else I want to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12