Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: chickenpox

Registered Childminder since
    july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default chickenpox

i have 2 mindes, 1yr and afterschooler (both same family) and they have both come down with chickenpox this weekend.

My question is what shell i do???

My daughter is due to go into hospital in 4 weeks for an operation, she has already had chickenpox TWICE, so just wondering could she catch it again, or would you just tell parents that the children cant come???

Mum will understand if they cant come but then i dont no what to do about charging them. Because i have always said as long as thier not ill with it then i'm happy for them to still come as they've already been mixing with the other children.

My daughter has been off school for the last week but my OH has been takin her to his mums as she's been very ill and we didnt want her to mix with any children who might have other infections.

Hope someone can give me some advice
    Thanks
    Gemma
    Last edited by little_gems; 23-05-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: chickenpox

I would be inclined to ask them to keep them off. There's a chance your daughter (if she's going to get it again) wont get it for 2 weeks and then it will be touch and go whether she'll be well enough for her op.

Also if she's been ill I'm not sure I would risk them mixing with her.

That's just my opinion though.
    Little Miss Chatterbox xx

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,

I'd go with whatever your official policy is. This is what they signed up for in the beginning, so they should be ok with it. That way, even if they've been granted favours in the meantime there's no room for them to complain now that you're having to play it by the book.
    If it was me i'd ask them to keep their children off for at least 5 days and definitely until the last blister has scabbed over. And I'd be expecting full fees. Even if there wasn't the situation with your little girl, you could still catch it yourself and be off work as a result.

Good luck with sorting it out and very best wishes to your LO; hope she stays well enough for her op and gets better quickly afterwards

wendy

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if you take them you won't be able to go far, to any groups etc. I woudln't take them until they were non-infectious and def. not if it risked your dd's operation. Hope she is OK

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would advise Mum that you can't have child. Also, I know it's hard but I would still expect payment and I hope ur Mum agrees.

I've just (a couple of hours ago) had one of my Mums text me to say 18 month old had some spots appear today. It could be heatrash or as chickenpox is around it could be this? She will see how he is in the morning.

I also look after his older sibling (who has had chickenpox 2 years ago) so I sometimes think or well I'll have him. But then I have to think of another child I look after and their parents etc.

I hate making these decisions!

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

well i asked mum if it was alright for her to keep them and she said it was fine!! I feel so bad.