Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Notice Period non-Payment

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Fill in their address every trial offer you can get your hands on. Book Clubs, Internet Dating, Girdles, Wigs, Stair Lifts any ones that do the " Send no Money Now" It can take ages to stop the things coming
    I think this is a great idea
    Me x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Fill in their address every trial offer you can get your hands on. Book Clubs, Internet Dating, Girdles, Wigs, Stair Lifts any ones that do the " Send no Money Now" It can take ages to stop the things coming
    oh wendy that is cruel....it is something i DID NOT do to a poor lad at school who had been a bit nasty to me...

well he dumped me for my best mate...

he married her 5 years later!

i entered him for free tampax, continence advice, etc..

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    My only experience of 'QUOTE=louisepretty;
    698088]I had exactly the same situation, parent gave me four weeks notice but then didn't pay. The child didn't attend but I was out of pocket £320. I wrote a letter then claimed through the Small Claims Court.

I did it all on-line. You do not need to attend in person. You add your costs on to the claim and you can add interest as well as a set rate.

The parent admitted the claim in full as I had noted in the claim that I had a signed contract and attendance registers and photographs of her child in my care. She couldn't dispute it.

When her 'admittance' form came back to me she already had 4CCJ's for gas, electric, mobile phone and something else. If I had know this information before I would not have taken her on or would have insisted on a month's fees as a deposit. I think we should be allowed to credit check potential clients as we often provide a service and we may not get paid for it. I think if parents knew they were being credit checked they would think twice about not paying us.

In my case the parent offered to pay £30 a month and cleared the debt in 11 months. She brought it round to my house every month and I now see her at playgroup too. Water off a ducks back to her as she had been taken to court so many times before.
    going' to court and it wasn't stressful - have a look online - it was really easy, honest
    [/QUOTE]

Nice to know, i just hope i never had to use it. I think this happens if the others agree the claim
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is why I take 4 weeks fees as deposit to be used as last 4 weeks fees at end of contract or as notice if 4 weeks is not given.

Only had to use it once, family paid deposit, meetings, contracts etc then changed their minds the week mindee was supposed to start
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louisepretty View Post
    I had exactly the same situation, parent gave me four weeks notice but then didn't pay. The child didn't attend but I was out of pocket £320. I wrote a letter then claimed through the Small Claims Court.

I did it all on-line. You do not need to attend in person. You add your costs on to the claim and you can add interest as well as a set rate.

The parent admitted the claim in full as I had noted in the claim that I had a signed contract and attendance registers and photographs of her child in my care. She couldn't dispute it.

When her 'admittance' form came back to me she already had 4CCJ's for gas, electric, mobile phone and something else. If I had know this information before I would not have taken her on or would have insisted on a month's fees as a deposit. I think we should be allowed to credit check potential clients as we often provide a service and we may not get paid for it. I think if parents knew they were being credit checked they would think twice about not paying us.

In my case the parent offered to pay £30 a month and cleared the debt in 11 months. She brought it round to my house every month and I now see her at playgroup too. Water off a ducks back to her as she had been taken to court so many times before.

My only experience of 'going' to court and it wasn't stressful - have a look online - it was really easy, honest

Your comments and advice has helped me muster my courage to go ahead and pursue the claim. Any thing I should be aware in building up a strong case

And I totally agree with louisepretty and I wish there was a place where we could reference check parents, and blacklist the ones that are trouble creator

Jun 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your claim. You already have a strong case as you have a signed contract and they have not paid. If they dispute it, it will be up to them to prove they paid you so don't worry.

Stick to the facts - state that they owe you £120 contractually, you have the contract and you have tried to recover your losses before seeking court action.

Make sure you have copies of all your communication - I typed up a transcript of text messages but never needed it - made me feel better that I knew I had it.

By submitting your claim on-line you can't do it wrong, and you can track its progress as well.

PM me if you need any specific advice and I'll do my best to help you
    Louise xxx

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I too would claim... ...they owe they pay!

x x x
    Jennie x x

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mookins View Post
    but if she had late payment fees that took it up to this would that count?
    x xx
    no apparently not, I tried this tack and NCMA told me no no no

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12