Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do you send your own kids to nursery..

Anyhow back to the point of the thread -

When I was minding years ago my son was just 2 and although he didn't qualify for free places way back then he went to pre school as soon as they would take him and he loved it - it gave him a break from me, DD & mindees and it worked really well - he started out with just 2 sessions pw I continued him there even when I gave up minding and went out to work - he went to the nursery where I worked on my working days and then to preschool on my days off - DD followed this path too. I think it does them good to have time mixing with other children away from you.
    Celest

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    This is illegal or at least will be by Sept 2010 and therefore because of the new way the gov is calculating funding for free places a great many nurseries are opting out. I was under the impression that it was illegal already by someone at a LA meeting I was at this week suggested it would be illegal from Sept - no more top up fees can be charged!!!!
    Sorry to take the thread off topic but surely you are paying for a better service? The children have a much higher ratio of staff which is costly. Due to the high number of staff. If they didn't have this ratio then I doubt they would be able to enjoy spending so much time out in the grounds of the farm and in the forest school. Their sessions are also slightly longer than the amount funded. I know it has changed/is changing but my two had funding for 2.5hrs, their session was 3hrs.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I sent my ds to pre school and although he is an independent little soul he hated it broke his heart to go. I perseveered with it as I really needed a break as he is also spirited but then they closed and he was so happy when i told him he didnt have to go back so haven't bothered finding somewhere else.

He is three now and will go to nursery attached to the oldest childrens school in Sept.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

MY dd goes 3 sessions per week, when funded places granted in Sept she will up to 5 at the pre school attached to the school. i have found she has benefitted from not being around me and the 'babies'(her words) all the time her confidence has grown and she is really getting ready for the next step of big school i will have to have another one, so grown up!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My ds has attended preschool 4 mornings a week since he was 2 1/2 last May. September he then carried on at the preschool, stayed for lunch and went to the school nursery in the afternoon. This September he will attend school full time and as the nursery and reception children share the same classroom it will be a smooth transition for him. This was absoultely the right decision for him

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My son went to nursery at the infant school. He needed it as was never away from me. At the same time I also had a mindie at pre school, so only had his little brother at home in the afternoons

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

my dd goes to a school nursery 5 morning sessions a week she should of started this sept but got a early place and evan tho i do tons with the lo's it was the seperation thing i needed to do it she absolutely loves it and am dropping off at the school so not going out of my way.

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicole, there is a fantastic nursery just along from you, it is the first one in Scotland to have been graded all 6's. I've been in and am really impressed with it. There is a long waiting list so I would go now. She will get allocated her place at the same time as children starting in August will so it's coming up soon, although she won't start until Easter 2011. I guess by that time you might see that she is ready for the next step.

Of course if you still don't want to send her next year you don't have to take the place, but it will be good to have it available.
    Ali xx

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibali View Post
    Nicole, there is a fantastic nursery just along from you, it is the first one in Scotland to have been graded all 6's. I've been in and am really impressed with it. There is a long waiting list so I would go now. She will get allocated her place at the same time as children starting in August will so it's coming up soon, although she won't start until Easter 2011. I guess by that time you might see that she is ready for the next step.

Of course if you still don't want to send her next year you don't have to take the place, but it will be good to have it available.
    could you pm me which one it is please??
    Nicole xx

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My oldest two went to a day nursery for 3 days a week when I went back to work, ds did his nursery time there, but when dd was 3 she went to the school nursery and a cm where we lived, as it was easier all round.
    When I had my 3rd I started as a cm when she was 18mths old, I felt the others had benefitted from being in an environment with other children and adults so I put her in a local church pre school for their short session designed for 2 yr olds, 1 3/4 hrs once a week and she loved it. I think it helped her with the change to the school nursery, she started in September, 5 mornings a week and she loves it, in fact 3 days a week she stays to have her packed lunch as it saves me having to go down twice in half an hour!
    If I want to go out for a day trip I just keep her with me, and after Easter both my 3 yr old mindees will be in nursery for the afternoons so I will get her to myself for 2 afternoons a week- can't wait!

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

i sent my dd for her funding places, it helped her make friends and settle in at school.I will also send my son when he gets to 3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12