Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default St Patricks Day - Green ideas

I want to go all out GREEN on St Patricks day.

Going to ask mindee's to come dressed in green and would like to east green foods all day.

Came up with plenty of fruit and vegetable but wanted some other foods but obviously nothing naturally green so what could i food dye to make green, something that isnt going to scare the children.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: St Patricks Day - Green ideas

I have no idea if this will work but I'm going to try it - I'm thinking of dying some white marshmallows green then covering some plain biscuits with green icing and putting a green marshmallow in the middle for a leprachaun's hat.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I have no idea if this will work but I'm going to try it - I'm thinking of dying some white marshmallows green then covering some plain biscuits with green icing and putting a green marshmallow in the middle for a leprachaun's hat.

Miffy xx
    Love it Miffy can't wait to see the pics!!!
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Miffy xx
    When r u dying your mashmallows miffy sto see if it works??

will do the green icing

feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

Green pasta is readily available ...it's made with spinach I think. How about colouring cream cheese?, lime jelly with green grapes for afters?
    Don't forget the chocolate coins (pot of gold) if you catch that leprachaun!!
    Someone just posted about celebrating Dr. Zeus(?) today so how about green eggs and ham?!
    Last edited by margimum; 04-03-2010 at 06:03 PM.

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by margimum View Post
    Green pasta is readily available ...it's made with spinach I think. How about colouring cream cheese?, lime jelly with green grapes for afters?
    Someone just posted about celebrating Dr. Zeus(?) today so how about green eggs and ham?!
    Green pasta, didnt think of that, thanks

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

From the point of view of an irish person why don't you cook traditional Irish food instead - you could do a nice piece of Gammon with some Mash with cabbage and spring onions mashed in with carrot battons on the side (then you have green white and orange on the plate (like the flag!!- (colcannon) or have make an Irish breakfast with white soda bread ( the difference between an English & and Irish breakfast if we don't have baked beans but we do have white pudding.

You could make wholemeal scones for tea same as white soda scones but you substitute half of the white flower for Wholemeal they are easy for the kiddies to make - failing that you could always get some Irish brown soda bread from the supermarket.

Oh sorry I'll have to come back to this I'm so tired I'm nodding off - I was up late last night and am now shattered.
    Celest

jumpinjen Guest

Miffy xx
    You could make your own marshmellow then die them any colour you like!!!!'

Jen x

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by margimum View Post
    Love these ideas!!!!

last year I put out a huge box of green scrap materials from my local scrapstore and we made green collages!

jen x

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great so far..some good ideas here thanks x