Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    fEB2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I honestly do not no what to think of this parent

In a way i am angry but shocked at the same time.
    Will try and keep it short!

Have been caring for mindee 13 months old for 4 months, i have a good relationship with mother but she really does annoy me, late rotas, late payments, tells me how to care for her child ect.
    Last week my parter left for work early, and i didn't think to lock door after him, mindee was due in for 7am, so i got my son up at half 6 so i could get him sorted before she arrived, well whilst i was dressing my 4 year old son in the living room i heard the front door open and the mother of mindee walked in and said ''hello''
    i couldn't believe it she just let her self in.
    Well yesterday i had mindee again i left the door unlocked as i wanted to see if she would do it again...... SHE DID, I haven't said anything yet but i will be in the morning as mindee is due in.
    Thinking about it though in the past i have heard the door try and open as if she has tried but it has always been locked i honestly am gob smacked.
    This is when this job really does get on top of me no respect.

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: I honestly do not no what to think of this parent

hmm your house you call the shots as to who walks in unannounced.
    but I think i would be locking it after hubs has departed - especially at that time of morning - but thats just personal preferance (say the woman who occasionally leaves her keys in the door!!)

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My mindee's mum walks in and I have kindof come to expect it and it means I can carry on sorting breakfast, it really annoys my BF though when he stays over and he locks the door
    Paula

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm yeah i can see that to her your house is available to her if the door is unlocked. just like at preschool, if the doors open then we all walk in. if it is shut we wait outside. to her i suppose, she is paying you, therefore she has carte blanche. Not that i agree with it, i will tell friends to come in if the doors unlocked as i may be bf ds2 or making lunch etc but that is friends and they always knock first!
    just keep it locked and try not to let it get to you love
    x
    What's for you, wont pass by you

july 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i keep the chain on mine all the time im minding for this reason ,( i also know someone who got marked down by ofsted for having her door unlocked ,if parents can walk in so can anyone ) , i found it quite unnerving when my parent sarted letting herself in ,i was on the loo one morning and she let herself in, early!!!!!! (no one else here) and called out to me i shouted i will be 2 minuets and she shouted im in a hurry i will see you later and dumped the child and went , thats when i decided to put the chain on all the time

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't like a parent just walking in but then I keep my door locked so they can't.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

01/2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion that is exceptionally rude, your house and she should respect that. I would have to say something immediately if any of my parents did that!
    I would try and remember to lock it and make her knock! Ofsted would prefer that too!
    Nicky xx

Post Thanks / Like

that's appaulling!!!! I used to mind for a very close friend and even she never let herself in!

I think you should go round hers and walk in her house and see what she thinks of that! How rude
    Little Miss Chatterbox xx

Post Thanks / Like

I think that shes cheeky!! mind you I have a parent that comes late sometimes and I am loading the others in the car for playgroup and he has then walked straight through my house and put his childs things in the kitchen! I have been stuck putting the kids in the car and looked at him in disbelief!!! I would never dream of doing that. Even to the point when I was asked to xxx birthday party I sat on the chair they showed me to when I got there and they never said where the food or anything was so after 1 hr when everyone else was or had eaten I left without having had anything cos they never offered. I wouldnt dream of moving in someone elses house , but perhaps thats just me.

I would lock my door !!!!

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she has an open house policy at home where people just knock and walk in so she expects to do the same at yours.

I have freinds who tell me off when i ring the bell and wait for them to answer they say just come in wheter they are expecting me or not but i really dont like doing this - goodness knows what i might walk in on.

I have one set of parents who used to just let themselves in at collection time and i dont like it so i always have the door locked at all times. The parent questioned it and i said it was for the safety of the children which it is.

I am now in the habit of keeping the door locked wheter im working or not anyway after 2 hydro electric worlmen ( who i was expecting) just walked in and scared the life out of me!! Mind you they got the biggest scare when my 2 dogs spotted them and went mad barking!!! serve them right!

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

My door is always locked but she was so cheeky.

I personally probably wouldn't talk to her about it becuase I HATE confrontation but would make sure 100% that the door is always always locked so she can't just do what she likes.

It's your home!

Me x

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

i have had a parent do that in past although door was locked heard handle go on number of occassions,2 they have called when i have had no children and door not locked was waiting for daughter 2 arrive and they just let themselves in was so angry

Post Thanks / Like

Mine mostly knock and let themselves in and it doesn't bother me (mind you that's because I've told them to do that).

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

i have had a parent do that in past although door was locked heard handle go on number of occassions,2 they have called when i have had no children and door not locked was waiting for daughter 2 arrive and they just let themselves in was so angry

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

i have removed my bell as how many times can 1 person ring it to let me know there there - 10

and my door stays locked til i open it
    and when i do i take the key out so this child cant play with my locks while mother stands watching

keep your door locked

if she comes early say Oh your early today if you say it enought it will get throu
    One life live it

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I personally dont like people walking into my house unannounced and keep me door locked and I am moaned at my friend because I will knock and wait I dont like walking in to someone elses house.

However dh grew up with a open door policy and thinks its odd that I lock the door he doesnt understand why...

Different people are used to different things if you dont want her to walk in either tell her or make sure your door is locked
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a parent like that, it highlighted that if she could do it so could a complete stranger, the door is always locked now. Problem solved.

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i do tend to lock the door now..more so as we live ina town house and cannot always see/hear the door and my friend tends to let herself in! plus if we are in the garden i would never know!..i guess it's different for everyone but i would lock it just to stop the parent

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

None of my actual customers do this but i did have a friend who always did exactly this an it infuriated me since i wouldn't have dreamt of doing it at her house.

I lock my door now but i also have a sign asking people to "please knock and wait". It stops the possibility of the dog escaping too
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all need to get yourself some decent locks. Our front door has an automatic lock which means that it can be opened from the inside but the outside handle is locked.
    Can be a pain, but I get round it by having the keys on a chain on me at all times and I have the spare key in a keysafe by the garage, just in case I get locked out.
    Inside I put the door chain on when I have my 18 month old mindee as he can't reach it, but it also means that I can get out of the house whilst carrying him.
    The older mindees and my daughters, then I lock the door so both handles don't move, but then I need both hands free to unlock it.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast