Long night ahead of me I think!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Long night ahead of me I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Hope it went ok
    Me, too!

Miffy xx

Registered Childminder since
    aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope baby slept at least most of the night for you
    x

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh blimey! Hope you got some sleep last night!

How did it go?

Could you get the mum to make a tape of herself reading little one stories or singing songs that might help too?

Hopefully he was okay though? Fingers crossed for you.

(Mind you, sounds like it might upset the mum if he was okay with you as she seems to need him to want and miss her!)

xxxx

May 02
    Post Thanks / Like

well.....I went to bed at about 10.30pm and i woke at 7.00am...The little darling slept all night, not a peep out of him! He woke at 7.40am shouting and then greeted me with a big smile I had him til 12pm - at about 10.45am he became very clingy wanting to be carried all the time but i imagine he was really missing mum by this point.
    So a very successful night, i'm chuffed to bits.
    I have him again tonight, mum is arriving at 8 and wants to put him to bed herself again which I'm not keen on as he will not learn to settle with me if she keeps doing it, but i guess i have to be understanding as she is finding it so difficult leaving him. My other issue is she turned up at 11.40 to pick him up...took her shoes off and then sat him at the table and started giving him lunch which she had brought with her! It gave us the oppurtunity to chat but i hope she doesnt make this a habit.
    Am just about to start a new thread about overnight sleep checks with Lo of this age if anyone can help?

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's good news! You must have been really pleasantly surprised! Lovely that he was so pleased to see you in the morning too.

x

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic, I think I will send my dd to you to sleep she is 2 1/2 and is still up through the night
    Joy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasmummy View Post
    well.....I went to bed at about 10.30pm and i woke at 7.00am...The little darling slept all night, not a peep out of him! He woke at 7.40am shouting and then greeted me with a big smile I had him til 12pm - at about 10.45am he became very clingy wanting to be carried all the time but i imagine he was really missing mum by this point.
    So a very successful night, i'm chuffed to bits.
    I have him again tonight, mum is arriving at 8 and wants to put him to bed herself again which I'm not keen on as he will not learn to settle with me if she keeps doing it, but i guess i have to be understanding as she is finding it so difficult leaving him. My other issue is she turned up at 11.40 to pick him up...took her shoes off and then sat him at the table and started giving him lunch which she had brought with her! It gave us the oppurtunity to chat but i hope she doesnt make this a habit.
    Am just about to start a new thread about overnight sleep checks with Lo of this age if anyone can help?
    I think I may have my coat on ready to ;collect from nursery/pop to shops/go to lunch with a friend.....take your pick !

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

glad it went well.

I think I'd be telling mum the putting to bed is a no-no. you don't want someone invading your house - what about your little ones won't she disturb them?

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Coul dyou say to her that you really think you need to be able to put the baby to sleep so maybe she could let you do it tonight but she wait downstairs incase it gets manic?

That way, she's there if he really needs her but hopefully she will also be able to see that you've been able to settle him happily yourself and she has no need to worry.

May 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Coul dyou say to her that you really think you need to be able to put the baby to sleep so maybe she could let you do it tonight but she wait downstairs incase it gets manic?

That way, she's there if he really needs her but hopefully she will also be able to see that you've been able to settle him happily yourself and she has no need to worry.
    What a great idea! I did say to her this afternoon that i need to be able to put him to sleep. when she arrived tonight she said that her husband had also said to her that i should really be putting him to bed, she said she would feel better if she does it until he has been with me longer and knows me better. i didnt even think about suggesting she waits downstairs whilst i try. tho she may find that really difficult. i think if it was my own baby upstairs crying with someone else i dont know if id be able to stop myself from going up knowing that i could settle them instantly.

May 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word what a long night!!!!!
    Baby was awake at 11pm, again at 1.45pm and did not settle til 3.40am. I am so tired as u can imagine, worst of it is the arm ache after cuddling him for so long.
    Mum picked him up at 7.30am and again brought in his bottle, took off her shoes and continued to feed him.
    How can I politely tell her she is is to drop him off at the door and pick him up at the door?

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You must be shattered!

Poor you and poor mindee!

Not sure how you can say to mum about picking up at door. You might have to just be direct but nice and say you really need to get on - you have got your own life!

Are you going to keep cuddling him at night to settle him? It's very hard, I don't envy you this job at all. It's different if it's your own child, when it's someone elses you can't do the same things so easily.

What's your plan of action for next time he stays?

May 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Wow! You must be shattered!

Poor you and poor mindee!

Not sure how you can say to mum about picking up at door. You might have to just be direct but nice and say you really need to get on - you have got your own life!

Are you going to keep cuddling him at night to settle him? It's very hard, I don't envy you this job at all. It's different if it's your own child, when it's someone elses you can't do the same things so easily.

What's your plan of action for next time he stays?
    Next plan of action I think is to have a chat with mum and encourage her to let me put him to bed and not her. I am going to sleep in the room with him too, I'm thinking if I can jump up quick enough when he stirs I can pop his dummy back in / stroke his head etc before he wakes fully. I really want to discourage the picking him up in the night.

bexcee Guest

Are you doing this as well as childminding during the day? If so you deserve a medal!
    Hope mum starts to relax when she sees what a good job you are doing. Must be hard for her leaving him but if she has decided to (or has to) return to work then she needs to realise that you are a professional and will care for him.
    Good luck with keeping her from making herself too comfortable at your house, not easy to tell her but as she is paying you she should be letting you do it.

May 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bexcee View Post
    Are you doing this as well as childminding during the day? If so you deserve a medal!
    Hope mum starts to relax when she sees what a good job you are doing. Must be hard for her leaving him but if she has decided to (or has to) return to work then she needs to realise that you are a professional and will care for him.
    Good luck with keeping her from making herself too comfortable at your house, not easy to tell her but as she is paying you she should be letting you do it.
    Aww thankyou for your kind words, that makes me feel better. Yes I am still working during the day. Last night I cried I was so tired . All back to normal today though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12