Pairing up to increase numbers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pairing up to increase numbers

My friend phoned me today. She has been to see a childminder who is happy to look after her one yr old for 4 days a week. Friend also has a 4 yr old who goes to playgroup. Childminder has agreed to collect her son from playgroup but as this will put her over her numbers she will get a childminder friend to come at lunch time and stay with them for the hour she is over numbers. Both would then be collected at 1pm. She has assured my friend it is OK (she has also assured her Ofsted would give her a variation to cover the situation aswell). I have never heard of this before and it sounds very un OK to me. Does anybody have any views/experience of this? She told my mate Ofsted have told her it is perfectly OK
    Grindal

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pairing up to increase numbers

Idon't know the proper answer to this but it sounds like her frien is effectively being her assistant for that one hour? And if so, wouldn't she have to go through the kaboodle of making that proper?
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

which childminder will the 4 year old be registered to then ??

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes - but I dont think that was what was explained to my friend. It may be her intention - perhaps I will suggest she finds out.
    Grindal

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of whether she has her friend there or not, she would need a variation from ofsted.

She either needs to have a variation to allow her to have 4 under 5's in the house, or a condition on her certificate, allowing her to work with an assistant, and increasing her numbers.

Without either of these written on her certificate, regardless of whether her cm friend is there or not, she will be working over her numbers, and therefore have no insurance.

xx