Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUN 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contract with no fee

We've been asked by the Mum of 2 of our ex-mindees (sisters 9 years old and 7 years old) if 3 days a week we could just walk them from the school to drop them off where she works. It is literally a 5 minute walk in the direction that we are going anyway and we have the spaces to do it and they are great kids (with great parents) and no trouble at all so we don't mind doing it and we really don't want to charge for it as it's no hastle for us and we know they are really struggling and money is really tight for them at the moment.

I am assuming we still need to do a Contract for them so we are still covered by our insurance etc but is it ok to put no fee on the Contract?

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contract with no fee

its up to you but i would say just do it write no fee ,would they not nbeed in you inhols.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

surley if your not getting paid then you wouldnt need a contract? a contract is between you both to ensure that you get paid and the parent gets what they pay for. and you can mind children without having a contract its just that if things go wrong you have no back up.
    I would just have a written agreement to say you will collect and drop off the children and both sign it rather then fill out contracts.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do a contract but remember that one of them is in your numbers regardless of if you are paid or not
    Debbie

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

A contract just makes the deal legally binding so you are still insured without a contract. Personally I wouldn't agree to do it long term I would just do it adhoc in case your situation changes.

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i would do a temporary contract (short term) that says no fee I have a one if you p/m me your email adress
    I would also do all consent forms ( just to keep you and your family safe)

JUN 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone. I wasn't sure whether we needed a Contract or not really, but thought it probably best to have one just incase there's ever an accident or anything so we're covered but if we're still insured without a Contract then maybe we don't need to do one.

We won't be needed to have them during the school holidays and although we aren't planning on taking anyone else on at the moment because I'm pregnant and we're quite happy with the mindees we've got, Mum does understand that if the situation changed and something else came up then we wouldn't be able to do it anymore.