OMG! Feel so down....can't do this anymore
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jumpinjen Guest

Default Re: OMG! Feel so down....can't do this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by helendee View Post
    Hi Sue and thanks everyone, don't need this right now as I am just recovering from tonsillitis.

Ofsted lady was surprisingly nice and said I am meeting all national standards and there is no further action to be taken.

I am so upset that someone thought that I was so horrible that she had to report me. I am always nice to everyone and I know that my house is a little scruffy as we don't have much money but it is always clean and safe. It doesn't help that I live in a affluent area with plenty of lovely big house with separate playrooms while my house is a 1920's terrace with only one toilet, lol.

Oh Helen, how awful, why on earth would someone do that???? We can't all have big houses with beautiful decor and immaculate furniture..... as long ass you are clean and tidy enough to be safe (we all get a bit messy!) then all else that is required from a parent's point of view is love..... that is how I chose my childminder who has my girls whilst i do a course every thrusday afternoon.... she struggles with EYFS and i help her out with it lots, but she loves them and they love her so knickers to her!!!

Chin up, do something lovely at the weekend and don't let one person ruin a job that you love.... how would your baby's parents feel??? I bet they think you're great?? And vindication from Ofsted too!

Hugs, Jen

TheBTeam Guest

I only have one loo and that is upstairs and my bathroom definitely needs updating, which wasn't helped by the rattling it took from buncefield!

Some people are just spiteful please do not let this spoil things for you, hold you head high and move on, don't let her win!

I had a lady come the other week she wanted care for her almost two year old girl, as soon as she saw that i cared for 3 boys and two of them had on socks on she was put right off!

Registered Childminder since
    may 98
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had this done to me twice I was absolutely heartbroken when I arrived home and the OFSTED inspector was sat in her car waiting for me after the school run............... I went into complete meltdown I was really gutted that someone COMPLAINED..........I do this job to the best of my ability and I'm sure you do too!!!!!! Dont let it get you down I used it as a so what!!!!!..........I have a fair few children and it was a jealous childminder who had complained Keep your chin up and there are still a few of us who are not completely 100% with the EYFS so dont let that put you off.......................hope you feel better soon and keep up the good work!!! xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold your head high babe! What a sad lonely bitter woman this lady must of been to do something like that for a kick her life is obviously empty if she needs to fill her days by doing things like that!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Jan2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Big, massive thank you to all of you wonderful people, I am so lucky to have you all. It is so hard doing this job sometimes as you all know, you do your darned best for the little ones but people are always to quick to point out the one thing you forgot to do rather than the ninety nine lovely things you did!!

I have some unpleasant people round in the past, including one woman who asked me how on earth I managed to bring up my own four children in 'such a little house and without a dishwasher'!!!

Think I had a lucky escape tbh....anyway off to bed for an early night with a large glass of merlot and new Michael Buble cd.Thanks again everyone, you are all stars and I am so sorry to hear about other people's bad experiences. xxx

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly the downside I am finding of dealing with the general public is well.....the general public There are some right vindictive peeps out there - just remind yourself that hopefully some karma payback will be winging her way
    Enjoy your wine and your CD - don't let the barstewards grind you down x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, I think I'm about to enter the wrong career; I was soooo looking forward to being a childminder, spending all my time caring and nurturing for my baby and other people's children, having lots of fun, playing lots of games, making lots of mess and noise. But I'm obviously not suited to this as I don't have a dish washer!!! And please don't tell anyone, but I don't have a tumble drier either so I hang my knickers on the radiators in the winter!!

What ridiculous ideas some people have. The qualities I would look for in a childminder would be someone who would care for, love, play with, encourage, teach and nurture my child. Yes I would like their home to be clean, but I would expect it to be a home, not a showhome where nothing could be out of place and a little bit messed up.....children don't fit in with that ideal, and neither do I!

Try not to let this get t you too much, hold your head up high!
    And enjoy your wine tonight!
    Lots of love!
    x
    Francine X

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't comprehend. I wonder if it was another minder feeling the competition.

Take no notice - you are a great minder and now Ofsted know it too..
    Debbie

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    hope your feeling better!! if OFSTED have said your good then sing it from the roof tops
    Dont worry and try not to let it put you off.

Jan2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little_gems View Post
    Hi
    hope your feeling better!! if OFSTED have said your good then sing it from the roof tops
    Dont worry and try not to let it put you off.
    Thank you hun, I am feeling much better after agood night's sleep and hubby is kindly taking me out for a nice lunch by the coast.

The only good thing to come out of yesterday is realising that there are nice Ofsted Inspectors out there, in fact I would go as far as to say that the one who came to me yesterday was lovely!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Helen xxxxxx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you feel better, have a lovely lunch. xxx
    Sue

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're feeling more positive, enjoy your day
    Jan

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ofsted inspector who came out to me was lovely as well at the end of the day they are human and have to do their job. She could see how distraught I was over the allergation and how angry my DH was over what was said about him, she phoned me a few days later to make sure I was ok

Glad you are feeling better this morning and enjoy your lunch out

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had such a horrible person in your house. Ofsted are satisfied and that is all that matters
    Although all my house is registered for CM, I won't let anyone upstairs (unless they are coming for a visit and even then they will only look in the room used for sleeping babies. Even the bathroom upstairs is not used.
    Our bathroom still has 1970's fittings in it and the pipes are not hidden, the bath board is coming off.
    But everything is clean, just not modern by any standards.
    I would not say no to a new bathroom though
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12