Childcare Register Query
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare Register Query

I am interested to find out what other childminders understanding of the Childcare Register is.

If someone is referring to the two parts of the register and state 'older children' would you take it as older than early years age?

Over 8's are referred to as just that, 'over 8's' and come under the voluntary separate, register.

Would you say a 6 year old would then be classed as an older child because they are older than early years age.

I would appreciate as many replys on this as possible. Thanks

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Childcare Register Query

After a bit of thought... I think I would class a 6 year old as a young child and the over 8s as older children in the Voluntary Register!

Interested to see what everyone else says.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're referring only to 'both parts of the childcare register' and not the voluntary register what would be your thoughts then? Would you take 'older child' as being older than early years then?
    Last edited by twinkle3005; 11-12-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

Hth

I have all three age groups and work to the above!