Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default he crashed my zafira

I finaly saved up enough money and bought my zafira in april this year, it was my pride and joy, then yesterday my partner crashed it , he was on a roundabout and somone comming from the right didnt stop and hit him, as he was already on the roundabout it was her fault but not sure how the insurance companys will view this. anyway we are full comp so should get our money what ever happens, due to the amount of damage i have this horrible feeling they will write her off .
    ok so we had a 7 seater and i loved it but wonded how much more an 8 seater would cost to run and what the makes and models are of 8 seaters cause i havent got a clue!
    do they cost much more to buy than a zafira?
    do they cost more on insurance?
    does vauhaul do an 8 seater?

i am not buying a new one and would be looking to spend around 2000 pounds or less so any tips or views would be great.

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: he crashed my zafira

Oh no...hope your partner is ok.
    that is the most important thing!!! Car comes 2nd

The same kind of accident happened to me before...I was in the roundabout and a guy crushed into the side of my then Peugeot 106. DP was hurt as he was right at the side where the car crashed into. had to go to hospital. I was a bit hurt but not much.

car looked a wreck and the other driver tried to get away...he was speeding through the roundabout and was actually speeding up towards me as he tried to cut me out...(and to get through the roundabout before me..if that makes sense)
    But someone else saw the accident and eventually a couple of meters away he decided to stop...he had passengers in the back....they never even came out of the car to ask if we needed help/assistance or an ambulance...I lost it as dp was hurt and shouted at the guy how stupid he was..and more...

a nice lady tried to calm me down and another guy kind made sure the guy who crused into us wouldnt run for it.

the police then prosecuted him for wreckless driving... the insurance repaired the car and didnt write it off. To be honest it would have been better to have been written off as it was never the same again. After a major crash I find you are better off with a new car even if the old one gets fixed as you can end up with lots of problems with it....thats what happened to me anyways...

hope all will work out for you
    Nicole xx

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yes sorry forgot to say he was fine, unfortunatly he had my kids in the car too but thankfully they were both fine but a little shocked, it wasnt a major accident, she was probably doing about 20 and my parnter about 5 mph but its just that the damage looks like it will cost lots as its affected the radiator and the fan in our car and obviously the cosmetics of it cost a bit too!!

TheBTeam Guest

Hi, really sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted soon. I know the older Renaults espaces have 8 seats.

moogster1a Guest

i got a second hand toyota estima for £1200 and I love it. seats change roiund all sorts of ways. You can basically stand up in it to strap kids in seats. Fantastic 8 seater.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moogster1a View Post
    i got a second hand toyota estima for £1200 and I love it. seats change roiund all sorts of ways. You can basically stand up in it to strap kids in seats. Fantastic 8 seater.
    hi , is this high on insurance costs and tax? I think tax at the moment is 96pounds for 6 months on the zafira.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so pleased everyone is ok.
    I would def cry if my Zaffira crashed.
    Hope you get something else soon
    Needs to Zumba