sleeping arrangements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question sleeping arrangements

Where do you all put the children to sleep at nap time?

Registered Childminder since
    jun 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sleeping arrangements

i have travel cots in my dining room which is seperate from other rooms down stairs if they fall asleep in the buggie after lunch time school run i leave them in the buggie in the lounge or if i know they are due to be collected and are in need of a sleep and i have their own buggie i will let them sleep in there so they dont have to be disturbed when mum collects

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one who sleeps on the sofa with the footstool next to it.

the others have a sleep mat with a cushion and a blanket at floor level sothey can not roll from a hieght.

I did have one who would only sleep in their buggy which was placed in my lounge on a mat so the dirty wheels were not on my carpet where children would normally play.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

at the moment, one on sofa and two in travel cots in separate rooms upstairs.

sshhhh!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mindee sleeps on the settee - mine go upstairs to thier cot or bed
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

amirose Guest

I have a mindee who sleeps in my bathroom

His a wotsit and will only sleep in a buggy which has to be run over a door step till he falls asleep and a blacked out window - well thats not going to happen on my carpet so he gets run over the step between bathroom and hallway then when his asleep i push him into the bathroom - where i put a heavy towel over the window close the door and thats him gone for 2 hours!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amirose View Post
    I have a mindee who sleeps in my bathroom

His a wotsit and will only sleep in a buggy which has to be run over a door step till he falls asleep and a blacked out window - well thats not going to happen on my carpet so he gets run over the step between bathroom and hallway then when his asleep i push him into the bathroom - where i put a heavy towel over the window close the door and thats him gone for 2 hours!!!
    the little foibles of children (or is that parents) never cease to amaze me!! what do you do if you need a wee!?

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old asleep on the settee and a 4 month old baby asleep in the bouncy chair, they never fall asleep at the same time so i'm enjoying the peace and quiet!

Post Thanks / Like

2 of mine sleep in buggies and 2 on the sofa but I am looking at buying a new sofa and dont really want them sleeping on it so was looking at buying some sleep mats or z beds, which are the cheapest and easiest to store etc?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyemma22 View Post
    2 of mine sleep in buggies and 2 on the sofa but I am looking at buying a new sofa and dont really want them sleeping on it so was looking at buying some sleep mats or z beds, which are the cheapest and easiest to store etc?
    How about yoga mats ?

Mine sleep in a travel cot in the spare room , I have one who sleeps in his buggy ( at his parents request ) as it tends to shorten his sleep.

amirose Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    the little foibles of children (or is that parents) never cease to amaze me!! what do you do if you need a wee!?
    Suffer!!!

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine both sleep in buggies, mainly because one sleeps at home in Mum's bed so has taken me 3 months to get him to settle anywhere...other is a newbie who doesn't sleep at home at all but she sleeps for me in the buggy, I just rock her for 15 mins and away she goes.

I have tried travel cots with no success but I think it is what the children are used to at home that makes all the difference. I really think some parents haven't tried to get into a routine...and little ones can be little monkeys if given half the chance it's surprising what they will do for me that they won't do at home! Having said that I always tire them out at toddler groups etc so they easily fall asleep

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 yr old mindee doesnt always have a sleep but if she does she sleeps on the sofa.

My 18 month old goes in the travel cot upstairs in my daughters room.

The 9 month old tends to fall asleep in the car seat or pushchair when we are out. Indoors he only goes off if cuddled or when having his bottle (so also being held). I put him in the travel cot when he is asleep. Eventually I want to be able to put him down to sleep in the travel cot but he is still young and also gets cuddled off to sleep at home, so will take a while!
    Helen

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

2 1/2 yr old dont sleep at all at parents req if she does fall alseep its on settee.... 13 month old in travel cot in spare room ....

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 17 mth who sleeps for a good 2-3 hours (mom likes it that way) he sleeps in a travel cot in my bedroom and the other is 13 mths and sleeps for a couple of hours in his pushchair which is in the hall way.

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merry-Minder View Post
    I have an 17 mth who sleeps for a good 2-3 hours (mom likes it that way)
    My 16mo sleeps in his cot for 2-3 hours.

2.5yo mindee does not sleep but will request 'quiet time' watching some telly or reading books on the sofa after lunch.

I don't have any others during the day yet, but I have a travel cot in ds2's bedroom, nice big sofa and am thinking about a couple of beanbags or mats. Oh and a pull out toddler bed also in ds2's room. Good job he's at school all day!
    ''We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.''

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

one of mine goes in a travel cot, one in a pram and one on the sofa if a sleep is needed.

When i was nannying i used to look after a boy 2yrs old who by choice i have to say liked to sleep in the understairs cupboard! lol. when tired he would get his blanket and shut himself in, he loved dark spaces.
    his mum was very embarrassed once when she had a friend over for coffee and halfway through her vist out came this sleepy eyed child from the cupboard! lol. she just thanked god it wasnt the health visitor.

we made it nice and cosy for him and removed anything dangerous. it was his space.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I have a 12mth old in a travel cot in lounge, 3 year old in the pram in the hallway and 3 year old on the seatee. Luckly they generally have a nap at the same time.

I was told by a childrens centre that one of their centres leave dog baskets around the room so the children can just go a curl up in them whenever they feel tired.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjlonguk View Post
    Hi
    I have a 12mth old in a travel cot in lounge, 3 year old in the pram in the hallway and 3 year old on the seatee. Luckly they generally have a nap at the same time.

I was told by a childrens centre that one of their centres leave dog baskets around the room so the children can just go a curl up in them whenever they feel tired.

I've seen pictures of a nursery that has those - it looked sooo comfy

jumpinjen Guest

A minder I know has bean bags in her lounge and the little ones sleep on those with a blanket.... not sure how she washes any covers and they seem to swap bags daily so not sure of hygiene issues but ofsted loved it..

I put my two mindees in separate upstairs rooms in travel cots, the most recent one apparently never slept at home and would just cuddle on mum's knee and snooze on and off for an hour and a half... not really practical with three to cater for and after three weeks she is sleeping for 45 mins to and hour and a half after lunch in the cot.... I can't beleive it!!

jenni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast