Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Statutory sick pay

Hi

Does anyone know if we are entitled to claim statutory sick pay when we are ill. If so does anyone know how you go about it?

Thanks

Jeanybeany

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Statutory sick pay

I didn't think we could so I have taken out a policy for £26.99 a month. It covers me after I have been off for more than 4 weeks and pays £1,000 per month for a maximum of 2 years.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

yes you can clain it you have to contact the local job center an dthey will take your details over the phone and sort it out think you have to send them back a form but you don't get it for the first three days and then you have to get a self certificate from docs for the first 7 days then docs note for the legnth of time you are of for the next 7 to 26 weeks.

it is call incapasity benifit cause we are self employed

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends which national insurance stamp you pay doesn't it?

Lady Haha Guest

I was looking into this as I've been at deaths door for the past week!!! But I can't afford to lose three days money

Been struggling on....at least I only have schoolies, so I am resting during the day. Just cancelled one mindee tomorrow as its an inset day. I only had two booked in and the other one is a really good friend of my sons so it will be an 'easy' day. I will tell mum that care won't be up to my normal brilliant standard and let her make the choice whether to send him or not as I will be on the sofa most of the day! Lots of craft stuff out and toys set up and leave them to it!!! Hopefully I will be better after the weekend

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackandsparkly View Post
    I was looking into this as I've been at deaths door for the past week!!! But I can't afford to lose three days money

Been struggling on....at least I only have schoolies, so I am resting during the day. Just cancelled one mindee tomorrow as its an inset day. I only had two booked in and the other one is a really good friend of my sons so it will be an 'easy' day. I will tell mum that care won't be up to my normal brilliant standard and let her make the choice whether to send him or not as I will be on the sofa most of the day! Lots of craft stuff out and toys set up and leave them to it!!! Hopefully I will be better after the weekend
    Sorry your feeling poorly. I was off all last week with swine flu (?) and really could not afford to loose the money. Hubby says I should claim but hardly seems worth it now. May ring the job centre tomorrow to get some advicelike suggested. Should have had this week really as well as I am so tired, although I haven't done much just set up and watched them play and read lots of stories, usually I don't sit down all day!

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't seem to find out much only that you need a form to self certify for the first 7 days and take it to the job centre, and its £79.15 per week.
    There are some forms to download on the directgov site and the DWP site but I'm struggling to find anything directly related to childminders at the moment. Haven't had a look on the ncma website they may have some info.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to be off for a complete week from Sunday to Sunday otherwise you don't get anything

You also need to pay you NI contribution to qualify

Call the job centre for advice if unsure
    Debbie

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by youarewhatyoueat View Post
    Can't seem to find out much only that you need a form to self certify for the first 7 days and take it to the job centre, and its £79.15 per week.
    There are some forms to download on the directgov site and the DWP site but I'm struggling to find anything directly related to childminders at the moment. Haven't had a look on the ncma website they may have some info.
    Thanks for looking, I couldn't find anything that helped

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    You have to be off for a complete week from Sunday to Sunday otherwise you don't get anything

You also need to pay you NI contribution to qualify

Call the job centre for advice if unsure
    Thanks Debbie

I started with the tamiflu on Sunday and had all the following week off and I do pay my contributions, so am now going to try and get a note off the doctor.

I'm grateful for your replies