Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Allegation against me

Sorry this is a long one

I've looked after 3 siblings for 11 days in all over the last 6 weeks. Now Mum has reported me to Ofted, Early Years and Social Services saying that I have let her 3 year old play out unsupervised. It's the Gran who collects them that has told the mum this. The Mum rang me this morning to say she wanted me to have the children one day a week instead of two because the Gran wants to have them the other day. I said I'd have to think about it as I wasn't sure I wanted to carry on looking after them if the Gran was going to say untrue things. She had pulled up to collect the children whilst we were tidying away the toys that had been outside. I was in and out of the house with the children so had asked my husband to stand at the window and wait for the Gran and keep an eye on the children coming in and out with me. When I've rang the Mum and she's now saying the older child who's 8 is telling her that I leave her and my 7 year old daughter to look after the 3 year old when they're out playing. I have asked them not to take her off the drive and that as big girls they can help me keep her safe but at no point ever have I left any of them outside unattended. I've rang Ofsted, my co-ordinator and Early Years and they have all said I've done nothing wrong. The Mm does have issues about protecting her kids as she 'lost' her child when she was 3 years old and had to call the police to find her and she has other issues within her family. I'm so upset that she's made this false allegation about me.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Allegation against me

Just wanted to send you a big hug, this must be horrible. I think you have done the right thing by ringing ofsted yourself. Hope all goes ok

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This must be a horrible feeling but you have Ofsted on your side and that's a big worry off your mind.
    I would not agree to looking after them again either.

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear this.
    If it was me in your position I would terminate the contract, if there is no sense of trust in the parent - minder relationship, then there is no relationship and I would have a hard time looking after their children if I did not feel trusted.

If you have done nothing wrong (which it sounds as though you have not) then you should not be made to feel this way, I would terminate it.

Feel better

TheBTeam Guest

BIG HUGS! I don't think I would want to care for them any longer either.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you're going through this. Big ((((hugs)))) to you.
    Cazz x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.

I suggest you terminate the contract as well. You cannot work without trust

Hope you are holding up ok x

Post Thanks / Like

Let me get this straight.............

This woman is so concerned for her childs safety that she felt it nessesary to contact Ofsted etc and make a complaint.......BUT she still wants you to look after the children 1 day a week? Did i read that right? Sounds like she is completely contradicting herself!

I agree the trust has broken down and i would have to terminate the contract. No way could i still look after a child after the mum had complained about me!

Hope you are ok x
    Lou xx

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

oh you poor soul, that is awfull!!!!! id terminate straight away!!!!! not worth putting yourself through that worry having to see the family each week!!!!! god knows what theyve got up their sleeve next!!!!! xx
    x x

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Let me get this straight.............

This woman is so concerned for her childs safety that she felt it nessesary to contact Ofsted etc and make a complaint.......BUT she still wants you to look after the children 1 day a week? Did i read that right? Sounds like she is completely contradicting herself!

I agree the trust has broken down and i would have to terminate the contract. No way could i still look after a child after the mum had complained about me!

Hope you are ok x
    that was what I was thinking - my mouth hanging agape!!!

Before you terminate I would somehow try to get it in writing that she wants you to continue minding iyswim - so you have 'evidence' for Ofsted in case hey come a-knocking! not sure how you would get this - perhaps by asking her exactly what she wants - signed and dated.
    after you have this letter in hand I would 'think' about the request and then say due to the situation you feel it no longer best to carry on citing an irrevocable breakdown in the partnership. are you 100% sure she has actually 'reported' you?

thats all with my sensible, professional head on - with my totally incredulous and peeved hat on I think I would be telling this woman where to shove it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mum wanted me to have the children even after she said she wasn't happy but then when I said I'd have to think about it and would contact her later, she text me saying she didn't want me caring for the children and that she had another childminder so I've not had the chance to terminate the contract. I'm hoping Ofsted will come knocking on my door soon so I can tell them the truth.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

totally agree with everyone. poor you. sending hugs

Post Thanks / Like

ah you poor thing! what a nasty time for you, hope you are okay

sending lots of support to you !

x
    a mummy to a new puppy! My lovely King Charlie!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nasty woman. You dont need her in your life at all. I feel sorry for the new childminder.

Ofsted may not come out but write you a letter. Then you can put this all behind you.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Post Thanks / Like

I Can't sleep and probably won't be able to until Ofsted get in touch and I've told them my side. Why are some people so nasty and so willing to tell lies about others?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In an ideal world hun everyone is nice to each other.........in reality some people just are not nice at all. I don't think you have anything to worry about, as i read it you said they had other issues with the family????? i would terminate too. sending hugs xxxx
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle3005 View Post
    I Can't sleep and probably won't be able to until Ofsted get in touch and I've told them my side. Why are some people so nasty and so willing to tell lies about others?
    Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end

Sending you hugs

Angel xxx

moogster1a Guest

\i hope you're charging her the notice period. horrible woman.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    that was what I was thinking - my mouth hanging agape!!!

Before you terminate I would somehow try to get it in writing that she wants you to continue minding iyswim - so you have 'evidence' for Ofsted in case hey come a-knocking! not sure how you would get this - perhaps by asking her exactly what she wants - signed and dated.
    after you have this letter in hand I would 'think' about the request and then say due to the situation you feel it no longer best to carry on citing an irrevocable breakdown in the partnership. are you 100% sure she has actually 'reported' you?

thats all with my sensible, professional head on - with my totally incredulous and peeved hat on I think I would be telling this woman where to shove it.
    Excellent advice!
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle3005 View Post

Unfortunately there are some nasty pieces of work out there who don't give a stuff about the repurcussions of something like this.

Sincerely hope you get the chance to put your side across, does it work differently with Ofsted then that they don't necessarily come out for every complaint?

Sending you hugs x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast