Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Am i the only one

That gets enquiries for all different schools and nurseries other than the one my sons attend? I can't believe my bad luck if they don't start/finish at the exact same times as my sons school then they're too far away to get to anyway, argh!

I don't expect any replies, just having a mini tantrum!

xx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Am i the only one

no , i get it too. in fact ive changed his nursery 2 afternoons as i couldnt do the runs and needed the income.wont be an option when he starts 'school' though. have you put flyers up at your sons school?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have exactly the same problem. In the town i live in we have 6 different schools!! Believe it or not its only about 4square miles!!! lol

Ive been lucky with my last enquiry though. The parents have decided to put their 3 year old into my dd and ds school so i can mind him even though its not the nearest to where they live!

Lisa

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    no , i get it too. in fact ive changed his nursery 2 afternoons as i couldnt do the runs and needed the income.wont be an option when he starts 'school' though. have you put flyers up at your sons school?
    I have a postcard up on the reception noticeboard. The thing is where i'm new i think parents are going with the established cms that cover my school as they are full to the brim!

There is a teacher that wants me to have her baby, due in Nov, wants care from March. Problem is i'm taking maternity leave in April! Really wanted to earn a bit more before then.

xx

Pipsqueak Guest

you need to make sure that you listing with FIS is correct. Make sure you ads state which school(s) area you can do (don't forget to include nurseries)

You will find that as people will fill up they have to search further afield for childcare - even at a long shot

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My FIS listing states which school and three of our schools have recently merged into one but I still get enquiries from that school and the three others in the local areas!
    Paula

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many schools, pre schools and nurseries around here, BUT the area is also saturated with cm's, there are 3 of us in my road alone, and it's only a short road!

xx

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had enquiries to pick up or drop off at most of the schools within a ten mile radius, i think, in my ten years. I did at one point deal with 4 schools but i now only do one. I am happy to consider either dropping off or collecting from a nursery at another school but thats about all - one school is enough to deal with for me. Hopefully you will get the enquiries you want soon
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!