Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding couples

Hello everyone.As some of you know myself and my partner are childminding together.Another couple introduced themselves when we first became members but cant find the post.Is there anyone else out there working with hubbies / partners ??? How are you finding it,be honest !!!!!! Pros and cons ?? Me and Mike really dont argue,we have little dissagreements ( i cant spell!!!) but no shouting and screaming.I would miss him like mad if he had a normal job.We both pre reg.Any male Manchester united fans ??? Love Tracie and Mike xxx

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Childminding couples

Me & my husband work together, and have done for just over a year now.

We find it works for us. The kids get the best of both worlds, and I love it that we are both there for our own kids.

We don't really argue, maybe if we're tired etc, we niggle at each other. Most people we talk to always say they don't know how we do it, and they would kill hubby if they worked together, but for us it's fine. Well most of the time...

x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hubby and I are both registered but don't work with each other all day everyday. I would love to but we are not able to have the numbers we would need to make it financially viable. The Bteam work together as do Pauline and her husband, Monkey1 and her husband and Sally and Mick McGeown (SP?). Think there are more but can't remember off the top of my head

TheBTeam Guest

I have worked with my dh for just over 3 years, we can't stand each other , my friends say they would have killed their dh's by now, but somehow we manage to get by and it really isn't awful !!!!

We try numbers permitting to spend some mornings apart, i will go to the childminding group on my own and him come and meet me if needed, and i will occasionally meet at friends without him. He is accepted by all my childminder friends, but as the rest of us are all women he doesn't always want to be included! He has his moments, but on a working level we don't do too bad.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My partner works with me and the after schoolies

Daddy Day Care Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MarpleJollytots View Post
    Hello everyone.As some of you know myself and my partner are childminding together.Another couple introduced themselves when we first became members but cant find the post.Is there anyone else out there working with hubbies / partners ??? How are you finding it,be honest !!!!!! Pros and cons ?? Me and Mike really dont argue,we have little dissagreements ( i cant spell!!!) but no shouting and screaming.I would miss him like mad if he had a normal job.We both pre reg.Any male Manchester united fans ??? Love Tracie and Mike xxx
    ME ME ME ME ME Ohhhhhhhhhhh what a game yesterday had lost my voice by the end of it

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

He watched the game last nite before bed and twice again today !! Thankyou everyone for your replies.Im sure we will be ok working together and to be honest hes abit of a chalmer so i think the other childminders in my area will get on well with him,were going to our local drop in on Thursday and as far as i know there are no male childminders.I just worry about making sure we manage to make time together thats not work related.We know its going to be hard work but every day will be different, no sitting behind a desk doing the same things day in day out.Also Mike has 2 lovely girls from his first wife and he has them nearly half the time,childminding means the can always be there for them as Ofstead have said they will include them in our numbers.Hes going to do most of the buisness side of things and i will prob do a larger share in the planning and observations as im used to it from when i worked as an NNEB. Can i ask tho do Ofstead grade you as a couple or individually ??? Any other advice on working as a couple will be really appreciated. THANKYOU xxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are graded individually - I got outstanding and Nige got good.

I am admin, he does lots of playing and the cooking.

Nige doesn't live here, he comes here to work after work then goes home...

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    We are graded individually - I got outstanding and Nige got good.

I am admin, he does lots of playing and the cooking.

Nige doesn't live here, he comes here to work after work then goes home...
    Have suggested that to my hubby but he is not keen

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike is great at cooking !!! He said hes going to bake bread with the Mindees and make them homemade soup !!!

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Manjay thats really funny !!!!Sarah,does he come round with all his washing tho ?!!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarpleJollytots View Post
    Manjay thats really funny !!!!Sarah,does he come round with all his washing tho ?!!!!!!
    He's really domesticated... he does his own washing!

I'm going to tell Manjay's husband what she said next time I see him

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I might get my partner registered so he either moves out or does his own washing

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness me, one ex-husband is enough! Don't go giving this one any excuses

No seriously he is fab and as I said I just wish we could both do it full time without all the faff of planning permission etc. He is on caretaking duties this week. I have shown him a picture of your covered area Sarah and asked him very politely (ok told him) if he will make me one

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Hubby and I are both registered but don't work with each other all day everyday. I would love to but we are not able to have the numbers we would need to make it financially viable. The Bteam work together as do Pauline and her husband, Monkey1 and her husband and Sally and Mick McGeown (SP?). Think there are more but can't remember off the top of my head
    I'm dead impressed Manjay, no one can ever spell our name

Mick and I have worked together full time for 2 years now. Financially for us it makes sence. we don't fight (sometimes he irritates me when he has his man blinkers on ),but on the whole we work well as a team. He does admin, I do everything else (if he reads this he will kill me )seriously most of it is shared. We would love to inspected as a team, but ofsted will not do it. At last inspection I got Outstanding, Mick got a good (he was only part time then) we are hoping to both get the same grading at next inspection (thats if Ofsted ever come and do it - 4 years since last one )
    Mick loves being the token male wherever we go, although in Hertfordshire we have a higher percentage of male CM's than anywhere else in the country!
    He's very proud of his role and never shy in vocalising it
    Sorry he's not a Man U fan, in this house they are all Chelsea suppoters However Mick does work as a Match day Superviser at Watford FC so sometimes loyality is a little torn!

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sally McGeown View Post
    However Mick does work as a Match day Superviser at Watford FC so sometimes loyality is a little torn!
    My dh and ds spend a lot of time supporting Watford, so have probably bumped into Mick without knowing it!

My CM friend was most impressed at seeing you in the Choir, whoops sorry blabbed that on the forum!

Don't know what Mick looks like though!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    My dh and ds spend a lot of time supporting Watford, so have probably bumped into Mick without knowing it!

My CM friend was most impressed at seeing you in the Choir, whoops sorry blabbed that on the forum!

Don't know what Mick looks like though!
    thank you BTeam! I will get the gaffer tape to your lips next time I see You and that will put pay to your singing voice
    If you are trying to spot me on the tele in tomorrow nights episode (last one) forget it coz I had to leave just before the St. Albans concert as NVQ clashed with rehersals

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunky Monkey and i have only just started working together on a full time basis and we love it! He hasn't got registered, he is just classed as my assistant, we are looking into having him done (sounds painful) and see if will have any advantages. He has changed as a person since working with me, he has mellowed and is so relaxed and happy. The l'os love having him around and its great that they are having a positive male influence around as some of them haven't got that at home. My eldest Son is working with us on a Monday too when he isn't at college....hoping it will put him off having kids himself for a while and i have registered my Mum as an assistant...so its a real Family buisness. We are hoping to become Foster Parents too so with Hunky at home as well it will prove successful.

Good luck to you both x
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a Foster parent must be so rewarding.My sister who is a nanny at the moment is going through the prosess,shes had her interviews etc.She wants to help children with special needs.Thankyou all for your replies.Hope you all have a lovely day xxxxx