Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Embarrassing questions ...

Hiya, I've not been cmding that long and I currently have a 7 year old boy who I drop off and pick up from school. He has only been with me a few days, lovely little boy, parents really nice, big on manners and behaving etc. Anyway this morning he asked he he could use the loo, so I said just let me check its free as my daughter was getting ready for work. As I was coming back down, he said 'do you shower naked?' he he, I was abit taken aback and thought OMG as a cmder who do I answer that, so I just said, 'well nobody showers with their clothes on but you shouldn't really be asking questions like that really'. That was the end of that. I was just wondering what questions you have been asked by older inquisitive mindees and how you have dealt with them? It also crossed my mind about how careful you have to answer awkward questions as any misinterpretations could possibly be passed onto parents xx

amirose Guest

Default Re: Embarrassing questions ...

Very well handled, your answer to his question was perfect

RE awkward questions
    I was changing my youngest mindees nappy (boy) and my 23 month old mindee (girl) pointed at his penis and said "look, look!" shes an only child and was clearly curious as to what it was. I simply replied yes that his penis and she repeated the word. My other half, who was home at the time, was mortified at how open I was with her but as far as I see it thats his penis and thats what its called - really whats the big deal???
    No come back from that one yet

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Embarrassing questions ...

my older ones ages 6-9 (including my own two) are obsessed by the fact that boys can now marry boys and girls, girls.

They don't ask me too many personal questions but talk amongst themselves about kissing and 'sexing' then often say, isn't that right? It's hilarious. They say so and so sexed so and so. They didn't know what that meant until recently but the two older ones had their 'video' at school in July so now do know! eek. funnily enough, since then it has died down a bit with them.

My own ds has asked me if you can have sex before you get married which sparked a delicate discussion about how you can, but it's not a good idea to actually get pregnant unless you're in a relationship because you'd need to support the girl and baby and become a dad even if you don't want to continue to be with the girl. A hard conversation to have with a 9 year old but I'm glad it happened.

july 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Embarrassing questions ...

I know what you mean. I was minding an 8 year old boy over summer hols. My 14 month old pulled at my top and the 8 year old started shouting i saw your bra!! I've seen Katie's BOOBIES! Can you imagine how bad that would sound to a parent! Luckily it was my friend's child- I told her and she couldn't stop laughing!
    katieskatie xx