Anyone got a Jane Powertwin?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone got a Jane Powertwin?

I got one delivered today from ebay and im not sure if the front wheel is ok? I had to put the wheels into place and the rear ones went on fine, the front was a bit tricky cause of the disc brake thing. However it doesnt seem to sit straight on the fork? When the wheel is locked in the forward position, it doesnt sit at a 90 degree angle to the floor - instead it kind of sits on the outside edge of the tyre iygwim. Also when you turn it left to right, the wheel kind of 'jumps/bounces' when it passes the middle (sorry if this is hard to explain )

It is as tight as everything will go, so maybe this is what they are like? but i dont want to use it and the wheel carries on down the road while im stuck with only 2 wheels joined on and 2 very bemused mindees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone got a Jane Powertwin?

sorry can't help hope someone can soon,
    but did have an image of wheel rolling on down road it happen to me!!!!!! had to balance buggy on 3 wheels

Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

have you tried locking the front wheel? mine jumps a bit from side to side when the wheel isn't locked (but its 2nd hand i don't think its meant to do it) but is fine when the wheel is locked straight.
    Blessed Be!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a powertwin, but sorry i don't know either....i got mine recently off ebay too!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Post Thanks / Like

the front wheel on mine jumps about so much I can't push it so have to lock the front wheel which I hate doing as I can't steer it.
    That only happens when the front seat is empty though, it's fine when ds sits in there.

april08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry but its a fault on all jane pushchairs several childminders here have them including me and they all do this
    children make the world more fun

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys, not me going mad then

I havent put anyone in it yet so that may have had something to do with it, not got to use it till monday next week then ill see how it goes, then decide which of the 3 doubles ive got to keep

Monkey - which colour is yours? Ive got a blue one

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pale blue and lime green. Did you get a bargain? Mine cost 65 including a matching car seat
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was 70 with BN raincover and pump, so not wquite a bargain as yours, although i dont need a carseat

I stripped all the covers off and hubby noticed a bit of metal had been bent, so he took it to work and straightened it, now the wheel sits properly and it pushes fine