Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: poorly children

Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default poorly children

how many of you just seem to have poorly children at the moment my little girl has just over chicken pox and i have now just had to pick her up from play school as she has a high temperature and all my other mindees are coughing or have got a cold it just seems never ending at the moment i think since xmas they have all just been ill she has not done a full week at playschool this year due to illness or snow roll on summer!!!! it does seem very hard going at the moment.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: poorly children

My lot are all coughing and spluttering and either finishing or in the middle of antibiotics

Bless!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

There's not a week goes by here that someone isn't ill! D & V last week, this week it's sore throats and coughs - ah the joys
    Ali xx

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

mine are both ill and my own youngest currently has temperature of 40.5!! Am sat beside her lying on sofa coughing and spluttering - doc says the usual - just a virus and keep giving calpol etc!!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here and me too - although its my own children and not the minded children that are ill - trouble is they are not ill enough to close. the mindees are coughing and spluttering but are also not ill enough to stop at home so the bugs are just going round and round in circles and no-one gets any better.

I'm just looking forward to the 8th March when I have a week off and then hopefully everyone will return healthy after a week apart.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i sent one child home a couple of weeks with sickness bug, she was off a week the week after another child came down with it and she also had it nearly a week. last week another mindee came down with hand, foot and mouth so he had a few days off and another one wasnt well yesterday, he was very wingy and wouldnt eat a thing! i suspect HF and M!

havent had a full house for about 3 weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is coughing and sneezing here - if I had a £1.00 for every time I've said "Put your hand over your mouth.........." I'd be a very rich woman!!!!!

Miffy xx

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

since just before christmas we had

chicken pox x2
    v+d x3
    slapped cheek x1
    eye infections x3
    coughing etc x4

I should re-train as nurse. And although children are being excluded as soon as they are ill or show obvious signs of it they still manage to pass on their germs and viruses...
    Nicole xx