Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shall I go to the park ...

Hi guys, feel abit daft asking this but what is everyone's thoughts on taking two very active 2 year olds to the park on your own? Just thinking about it from a safety aspect and not being able to be in two places at once ie one going down the slide the other climbing up etc. Unsure whether I am just being over cautious? What do you think? x

Aug 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shall I go to the park ...

Go and enjoy. As long as you are able to get there safely and that you check that the park is safe for the children i.e. equipment ok and no broken glass etc and that the equipment is age appropriate, then you will be fine - just rather tired from running around after them...lol.

I used to take twins and must admit the swings were good for building up muscle when having to push both at the same time. But it was easy in that they tended to want to go on the same things at the same time and so it saved my sanity.

Sara

Ooh and don't forget to get the parents to sign permission slips for outings to park and to have a risk assessment form filled in.

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i make sure they go on the same thing at the same time ! its hard but when they realise its your way or home they do learn , i take two very self willed 2 yr olds and we can now enjoy ourselves as they are more co operative and know they must stay with me ,, its not cruel its just the only way i can manage and im happy they wont go running off or try and climb the big slide without me .

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saranotts View Post
    I used to take twins and must admit the swings were good for building up muscle when having to push both at the same time. But it was easy in that they tended to want to go on the same things at the same time and so it saved my sanity.
    I used to do this! And when my friend started minding I used to laugh at her panciking at the park trying to watch two of similar ages!!

I had 4 on the swings last week pushing them all - they were aged 3 yrs, 4 yrs, 9 yrs and 13 yrs!! Lol all on the baby swings!!! We did look funny. Oh and I had another 4 yr old and 11 yr old running round the park too. (That was the same day I went to meet Ross Kemp and forgot to tell him I was a childminder!!! )
    Helen

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a park near me that is great cos its quite small and I can keep an eye on them no probs, my mindee loves to climb and my heart is in my mouth all the time trying to pry her off things, my dd just likes the swings so she can sit in there while I chase R about, I am going to get so fit doing this job
    Joy xx

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to go early on in the morning before lunch...its quiet and we have the full run of the playground. My mindees are 3, 4 &5 but its my dd the 2yr old who gives me the run around as she wants to go on all the big stuff...so i go on with her and then say ooohh look at L she's on the slide over there (in the toddler bit) that looks fab shall we go and catch her..dd loves that so off she trots but i do have to keep on my toes as she can out run me some times and has had a few near misses with the swings lol
    i tend not to do the after school park trips though, school right next door to park as its always full of older kids and yes i can say i do panic...but im sooo envious of those childminders who have the older ones who can just be left to their own devices. I never get the chance to sit for more than 2 mins to chat.

All good weight dropping off woohoo!

Just hold your breath, dont panic and enjoy x