Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Outings

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Outings

I've got a couple of questions regarding outings!

For those of you that live near Themeparks/zoo's etc and go regularly, do you get permission for every time you take a mindee or just have a risk assessment for it and let parents know via the daily diary that you intend to go? For example I live near legoland and go all the time and it would be a faff to fill specific paperwork in every time!

Also, do you take mindee's when you want to visit friends? I have a friend that has moved away and it takes around an 1hr 15mins to get there. Is it appropriate to take a mindee? My friend does have children so it is a fun and sociable visit. It's all a bit awkward as I have a new mindee starting on Monday (she's 10 months old) but still need to balance it with keeping my own children amused during the school holidays.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Outings

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    I've got a couple of questions regarding outings!

For those of you that live near Themeparks/zoo's etc and go regularly, do you get permission for every time you take a mindee or just have a risk assessment for it and let parents know via the daily diary that you intend to go? For example I live near legoland and go all the time and it would be a faff to fill specific paperwork in every time!

Also, do you take mindee's when you want to visit friends? I have a friend that has moved away and it takes around an 1hr 15mins to get there. Is it appropriate to take a mindee? My friend does have children so it is a fun and sociable visit. It's all a bit awkward as I have a new mindee starting on Monday (she's 10 months old) but still need to balance it with keeping my own children amused during the school holidays.
    Hello!

Yes definately get permission each time you go on an outing. Going to the shops is different really.

I do risk assessments for every outing - Ofsted will pull you up on this otherwise. I'd do a proper typed letter so its obvious to parents this is not routine.

No I dont take mindees to visit friends - too much to do childminding to visit friends.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

To be quite frank, I have added all the 'special places' we are likely to visit into my permissions, so no need to get permission everytime.

If there is a new place we want to visit I do a pemission for that but also add it onto my new starter permission form so that any newbies are covered from the beginning.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

we go to the zoo weekly and i have just a general permision form that says 'i give permision forxxxxx to go on outings with (childminder) in car, bus , train or on foot .
    i do one risk assesment and use that for the same outing each week.

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a separate permission for every time i take the children on an outing as sometimes its spontaneous, say for example if the weather changes, or other plans fall through.

I have a permission for me to take children on outings generally and to use public transport and my car.

I have RA's for all the places i visit and do new ones if i think of somewhere else thats good.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 'regular outings' form for places we go to a lot like soft play, parks and toddlers etc (one for each place) and a risk assessment for them. This means I don't need to do one every time.
    Ali xx

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all!

Following the advise from most of you I think I will do a specific RA but list it as somewhere I go regularly.