Thread: are we allowed?

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: are we allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    Uh Oh, you better behave tonight Orksie now da boss is home.

Agree about Dee tho, she been great, apart from trying to hog the sexy thread

Gareth
    xx
    Needs to Zumba

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to topic - are we talking about the trailer things that you can put a couple of children in or the bar things that link a childs bike to an adult one?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FizzysFriends View Post
    the trailer things that you can put a couple of children in
    Last edited by Hebs; 07-08-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    IS BACK

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lo0py View Post
    Thanks for being a mind reader and telling me what I "know perfectly well" but on this occasion you are mistaken. I was asking a genuine question (from soneone who is still pre-reg) as it had never occurred to me that parents would expect a childminder to have a car.

Oh do I need to put a smilie at the end of this post even though I'm not being sarcastic but you will probably assume I am?
    I must admit, I read this as a genuine question about not having a car, Loopy. It's funny how one sentence can be read so differently by different people. That is the disadvantage of writing instead of talking. I think we all need to forget the post which got everyone riled and just get on with welcoming you as a new member.

So, to answer your question, I was going to reply that I have rarely used my car for minding. I walk everywhere to school come rain or shine with 5-8 children after school. Its never been a problem (other than parents who drive and forget their children need warm or wet weather coats sometimes - keep a spare supply if you can!) - ooh and the puddles in the hall. It saves having to fold and refold buggies several times a day though.

I sometimes get a treat in the holidays and can take the kids out in the car when numbers permit (I only have a 5 seater and have 2 children of my own). It's not often though. We do bus and train rides in the holidays instead). You'll be fine without. Just need a good waterproof and some good shoes/wellies

LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345