help!! my foreign student has swine flu!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help!! my foreign student has swine flu!!

.. she's been given 3 out of 10 symptoms .. and is now in bed..
    I have no idea what this means to me, my family and those who I'm childminding.. has anyone else had this experience..

what has happened for you?

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help!! my foreign student has swine flu!!

I would wait until she's been diagnosed with swine flu and contact parents and maybe Ofsted for advice

Pipsqueak Guest

you can carry on childminding, especially if she is isolated and having anti-viral drugs.
    You can give the parents the option to bring their children - if they choose not to use your service whilst you are open then as per your policy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

oh I don't know .. think may have to close for the rest of the week..

student is not in contact with anyone.. but I don't want to put anyone
    at risk.. I seriously out of pocket by doing this .. and don't know if I can
    claim for loss of earnings..?? does anyone have any idea?

feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

No help, sorry. Think it's up to parents if they continue to bring children. You can charge them as per your contracts if they choose not to.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by newandlearning View Post
    oh I don't know .. think may have to close for the rest of the week..

student is not in contact with anyone.. but I don't want to put anyone
    at risk.. I seriously out of pocket by doing this .. and don't know if I can
    claim for loss of earnings..?? does anyone have any idea?
    The advice is that we can still open - the same as the schools and other public areas.
    Most people will be have already been in contact with it, many will get it - even if its just a mild dose.

If its going to affect you financially - they I would try to stay open for as long as you can.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

well .. hubby said he didn't want any of us to be put at risk in our own home..
    so I asked school to move girl.. and as a result now both students have gone.

I'm still out to lunch now whether I should close or not.. have spoken to a doctor who said they really don't have an incubation period... I'm half thinking of
    taking off two days of say and then start again.. or I give parents the option.. am still unsure which way to go.. what a caffuffel..

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newandlearning View Post
    well .. hubby said he didn't want any of us to be put at risk in our own home..
    so I asked school to move girl.. and as a result now both students have gone.

I'm still out to lunch now whether I should close or not.. have spoken to a doctor who said they really don't have an incubation period... I'm half thinking of
    taking off two days of say and then start again.. or I give parents the option.. am still unsure which way to go.. what a caffuffel..
    How about having a deep clean of the rooms the mindees use to put your mind at rest? Get the Dettol out!

I would personally still open as they are just as likely to get it from play group/supermarket/park etc.